Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When having discovered my sidelight were in fact filled with tinsel town blue led lights, and having replaced them for white bulbs last weekend, I switched my fog lights on today, lo and behold....

Did they illuminate the fog ridden landscape, no of course they didn't...they just twinkled blue....doh!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Haha, I replaced some of the interior bulbs with cheapo leds and now some are flicking on and off randomly, just in time for christmas..

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I bought some Xenon (gas halogen) bulbs for mine. A set, and half did not fit (All HB3's on my car not mixture of HB3 and 4) which was good. The headlights are now bordering on dangerous. I need to think of another plan but in the meantime I bought LED's for the fog lights. Another waste of time :lol:

The fog lights I accept are a **** poor design and no amount of light will help!

M

·
0 Posts
I find the dipped lights are rubbish too. I thought they were bad on the 155, but the GTV is worse !!!

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I find the dipped lights are rubbish too. I thought they were bad on the 155, but the GTV is worse !!!
Sorry I meant dipped lights, I call the 'others' Full beam
I only changed them to see if I could improve the vision. I really do think HiD's are my next option but only upto about 5000k.

M

·
0 Posts
I have used HIDs now for about 4 years. They are great, but even in the GTV they aren't brilliant compared to the impact they had in the 155.

Oh.....and it's illegal to fit HID kits to cars that don'y have self levelling suspension. Reports lately it appears the Police and everybody is cracking down on "illegal" use of the kits.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh.....and it's illegal to fit HID kits to cars that don'y have self levelling suspension. Reports lately it appears the Police and everybody is cracking down on "illegal" use of the kits.

are you sure its self levelling suspension ive been told you have to have electronic adjustable beam hight

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Extreme Brilliance bulbs from Halfords are very good. I replaced the terrible Alfa dip beam bulbs for these and the difference is amazing, I drive through country lanes in the evenings and last year in the winter they really made a huge difference.

M

·
0 Posts
are you sure its self levelling suspension ive been told you have to have electronic adjustable beam hight
I thought the HIDs had to be self levelling if supplied on a NEW car. So many rumours!?

Steve
No.....here ya go....also should have headlamp wash system too.
We have a Traffic Officer on a couple of the forums (maybe here too, can't remember) who has confirmed this.

Aftermarket HID (Xenon) headlamps

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I have used HIDs now for about 4 years. They are great, but even in the GTV they aren't brilliant compared to the impact they had in the 155.

As I understand it has always been illegal to fit after market HID's regardless of what you do. The difference is now on an MOT they will check the system out a little more. I have seen so much yada yada on this subject on forums. There is a link on one that suggests that if the aftermarket HID's are fitted and the beam pattern conforms then you should be OK. If the system has self levelling and washers they must work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just had my second MoT with my nice HIDs and a second pass , not been stopped by police , touch wood , as long as they dont dazzle , which they dont , and are plenty bright all is good .

Legal lights on most 4X4 do dazzle so what ya ganna do ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts