Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Wow...amazing looking car!!! Good luck with the sale. I'd have it in a flash if damn petrol prices dropped a bit

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not very surprised when people sell their 3.2's quickly....it doesn't take long to realise 15 mpg is a nightmare :lol:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I'm not very surprised when people sell their 3.2's quickly....it doesn't take long to realise 15 mpg is a nightmare :lol:
I never get this comment (I'm not having a dig at you), but I have never seen much below 25mpg TBH, and normally see between 27 and 30mpg :confused:

Do I have a diesel GTA?!

S

·
0 Posts
Yes!

In town and short journeys I may, just may get 20mpg. Longer runs are much better though!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
And I have two 3.2s :cry:. I would like to get rid but at the money I will get I'm gonna lay the saloon up till the summer get it fully sorted and hope prices pick up again. Think I will get a ep3 type r for a runaround, can't beat there reliability and for what the Gta costs to maintain can prob supercharge it and still be reliable.

G

·
0 Posts
I never get this comment (I'm not having a dig at you), but I have never seen much below 25mpg TBH, and normally see between 27 and 30mpg :confused:

Do I have a diesel GTA?!
What the??? Either that or you don't drive it properly i.e foot down constantly :lol:

·
Vendor
45,840 Posts
Mine used to do 23-24mpg just driving around Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, to work and back etc. On long runs going back up North I'd see 32-34mpg. They're not bad on fuel really, you just have to avoid doing really short journeys as thats where they cane it. My M3 is exactly the same on juice as well, low-mid 20s locally and mid-30s on a run. Can't beat a diesel for economy though, my current 2.4 is doing 41mpg around the doors and about 47-48 on a long run.

Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling. You'll be back though, ex-GTA owners always come back ;)

G

·
0 Posts
And this is most often said by 147 drivers :lol: I firmly believe the 156 is more economical - probably less drag.
I'm getting 38mpg from my diesel GT...by my calculations I'd be just as well off in a 156 GTA :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Always get 25-35mpg on a long run depending on speed.

Dropping to 15-25 in queues and Urban driving.

I think the fuel consumption depends on where you live and what you are using the car for. Most of my commute is high speed dual carriageways, so it's almost as economical as my little Fiat........until you hit a traffic jam!

G

·
0 Posts
Always get 25-35mpg on a long run depending on speed.

Dropping to 15-25 in queues and Urban driving.

I think the fuel consumption depends on where you live and what you are using the car for. Most of my commute is high speed dual carriageways, so it's almost as economical as my little Fiat........until you hit a traffic jam!

I live in the city, work in the city, travel to other sites in the city so I did only manage about 15-20 tops hence why I can't afford a 3.2 at the moment :(.....miss having one badly

1 - 20 of 33 Posts