Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......of you guys!!! I hate not owning an Alfa.I've owned 4, they have all been rock solid & such charismatic cars. My last Alfa was a 166, lovely ol' thing, but living in Longford & doing 15k miles a year sadly it didn't make sense to continue with it! Own a diesel Vectra at the moment which is a considerably better car than i thought it was going to be, show it a quiet back road & it'll stick with the best of them, but the badge at the front is all wrong.......

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
Long time no see, 15K miles a year is a fair bit to be doing in a petrol alright & very hard to justify running especially in the current climate. Maybe consider a diesel Alfa in the future ?

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
As Mr Dave said a diseasal Alfa is the way to go , big smile and little cash for a great car :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Toby, we have a diseasle Vectra as a pool car it's bloody horrid, crap handling, no steering feed back, shonky gear lever and box, an interior like a cheap coffin, I hate it :(

I moved from a 916GTV V6 Cup to a GT 1.9 Jtd had it mapped, had Tarox sport japan disks fitted and it was a blast :)

I traded the GT for the Brera 2.4 jtdm it's not mapped or modded in any way but I enjoy the drive to work every day :)

Don't be put off about diesel Alfa's they are the great cars :thumbs:

BTW I do 25k a year so the oil burners make sense :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Alfa's diesel engines are well up there with the best of them.. I was sorely tempted to get a 1.9 diesel GT - the only thing stopping me was the 40% extra over the cost of a 147 :(

But, if that Vectra is a 1910cc or 1956cc, you've already got an "Alfa" diesel engine in it...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me thinks i'll have to look around for a good 156 jtd, sadly a 159 would just be too expensive for me at the moment. If anyone knows of a "good value" 156 jtd let me know!Saloon or sportswagon.

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Toby244 , I will shortly be selling the 147 I bought from you, if you are the nostalgic type you can buy it back :lol:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Hey Toby244 , I will shortly be selling the 147 I bought from you, if you are the nostalgic type you can buy it back :lol:
Have you been lurking or genuine time away from the site Morgan?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Morgan! Now that would be a trip down memory lane!!!!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've been frequenting a Fiat forum in recent months ( dont worry I'm ok now) due to doing a lot of work on the Coupe. I've been popping in here though and having a read every now and then. I've a bunch of work to do on the 155 and 147 at the momment so I'll be trawling the forum for advice and info :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I've been frequenting a Fiat forum in recent months ( dont worry I'm ok now) due to doing a lot of work on the Coupe. I've been popping in here though and having a read every now and then. I've a bunch of work to do on the 155 and 147 at the moment so I'll be trawling the forum for advice and info :thumbs:
I'm not there's much we (specifically me) could teach you!!!
All the best with both!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
@ derv were turning into diesel heads .
As an ex extra high mileage van driver can i offer this advice , dont be afraid of high mileage if its all done when the engine and everything is warmed up , i have had a one year old van with 110k miles on it and would trust that more than a five year old with less mileage , my reasoning is its the stop start and town driving that makes for wear and tear / cold starts .

D

·
0 Posts
Get a LHD 2.4 166 from PL or somewere in Europe they are great on juice and very quick with a map. There is loads of them over there, I saw at least 30 166's on the on continent in my travelling over the last two weeks.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
alternatively you could have some twin spark sound back with my 155 which is for sale :p -------shameless plug

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plug noted :)

So i've done the deed, i've put the Vectra up for sale on Donedeal, & will be on the lookout for a nice 03(ish) 156, & now instead of going back to diesel, i'm looking for a 1.6 petrol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts