Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be in place of an 80 km/h limit sign on rural roads. IIRC it's a grey circle with some grey parallel lines running from 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock usually accompanied by a Slow/Go Mall plaque. I can't find it explained on-line.

Is it new or am I going mad? :jester:

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
On the theme of signs. What are those 'N' plates in the windows of some cars..?
I thought it stood for 'Novice', but it appears to stand for 'I'm no longer a learner driver, so I may now act like a complete and utter bellend behind the wheel'

Well, that's the impression I get with some of the ones I see around here :paranoid:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm still waiting for the day they'll have a "Careful now!" sign officially introduced, it would be the most effective ever in Ireland :)

Normally, the people doing 80 on a "road with grass in the middle" (I know exactly the type - and wonder how the suspensions of anything less sturdy than a Defender cope with that) are also the self appointed speed marshalls, doing the equal 80 on the overtaking lane of motorways and dual carriageways...the "one speed fits all" people :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm still waiting for the day they'll have a "Careful now!" sign officially introduced, it would be the most effective ever in Ireland :)

Normally, the people doing 80 on a "road with grass in the middle" (I know exactly the type - and wonder how the suspensions of anything less sturdy than a Defender cope with that) are also the self appointed speed marshalls, doing the equal 80 on the overtaking lane of motorways and dual carriageways...the "one speed fits all" people :biglaugh:
I would flippin love that!
Then again they would be stolen repeatedly by tourists!

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
Doesn't that look alot like the "back to the national limit" sign?

Yes the one they rid of years ago here when they converted from mp/h to km/h. The amount of money they wasted back then with all the extra signs & galvanised pipe :HEADBANG:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts