Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 1 year and 30k miles the GT goes on Thursday when I pick up my new car.

Have to say my year of being an Alfa owner has been the stereotypical love hate relationship. As much as I love the way it looks and the feel and feedback you get with hydraulic steering I've grown to hate the way it always seems to need to have money spent on it. Maybe that was my nativity buying a carbon it's age and expecting it to do 30k a year trouble free.

I will miss it and I'm sorry to say I've conformed. A BMW replaces it :(

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
doing 30k miles a year, trouble free, is setting the bar rather high I think. And you only had it for ...one whole year!

maybe year 2 would have been trouble free. Every car is a bit of a gamble I think. I've had mine 6 years and on 107k with very few issues and no plans to change.

good luck with the bmw.

·
Registered
624 Posts
My GT now on 98,000 and as five years old on 4 September 2013. I should have ended my lease last year however I bought he car from he lease company and plan to run it for a few more years.

I know people with Audi, BMW, Ford, Mazda and all have had to spend money on hem at some point. Cars need cash spent on them.

Good luck with the BMW, I like to smile every morning when I get in my GT and enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I bought a lemon with my GT as it's been a head ache pretty much since the garage warranty expired.

I've bought a new 118d m sport

·
Registered
154 Posts
Brand new? - Nice cars! personally i would of gone 120d with the newer tax emissions as the 180bhp is only £30 a yr tax! You'll enjoy it mate fantastic car, dont expect it to be like bmw of old where it'll do 500,000 miles trouble free as thats not the case anymore, but there solid reliable cars and easily capable of 30k a year without issue for a good few years!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've gone new, considered the 120 but don't need the extra grunt on my commute so went for the lower cost of the 118 which is also in the £30 road tax bracket. It doesn't need to do 500k, 30k a year is fine and a warranty gives piece of mind a courtesy car if it does go wrong..... Which fingers crossed it won't :lol:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
After 1 year and 30k miles the GT goes on Thursday when I pick up my new car.

Have to say my year of being an Alfa owner has been the stereotypical love hate relationship. As much as I love the way it looks and the feel and feedback you get with hydraulic steering I've grown to hate the way it always seems to need to have money spent on it. Maybe that was my nativity buying a carbon it's age and expecting it to do 30k a year trouble free.

I will miss it and I'm sorry to say I've conformed. A BMW replaces it :(
Oh no.......i've just taken delivery of a GT today!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh no.......i've just taken delivery of a GT today!!!!! :eek:
Don't worry it's not my problematic car...... I still own that until tomorrow. I'm sure you'll enjoy GT ownership :) Although mines been problematic it's gotten under my skin and I will miss it :(

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Don't worry it's not my problematic car...... I still own that until tomorrow. I'm sure you'll enjoy GT ownership :) Although mines been problematic it's gotten under my skin and I will miss it :(
Well I picked mine up yesterday, so far so good!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Brand new? - Nice cars! personally i would of gone 120d with the newer tax emissions as the 180bhp is only £30 a yr tax! You'll enjoy it mate fantastic car, dont expect it to be like bmw of old where it'll do 500,000 miles trouble free as thats not the case anymore, but there solid reliable cars and easily capable of 30k a year without issue for a good few years!
---
Hopefully you don't have the N47 engine in it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Far from my taste of car but Sincerely - good luck! Hope it treats you well!

:thumbs:
Cheers. Not really my 1st choice of car but the deal made it a no brainer, the tax is £30 a year and it's already doing 12mpg more than the gt was.

It doesn't look as nice, has no character and I already miss the GT but it was a purchase with my head not heart this time and was all around the numbers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts