Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2.0 twin spark, Im only getting 49 miles to £10.00, is this right?

This is mostly small journeys i.e. upto 15 minutes.

What do you guys get?

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I get 55-60 to a tenner, maybe a few more now it's come down a bit.

I use V-power.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Your short journeys are no doubt responsible.

Another thing I recently found out it that many (usually supermarket fuels) use an alcohol blend. This can improve performance, but as alcohol fuel has a lower calorific value, they give less mgp. The alcohol likes a richer mixture, so the O2 sensor should defect this, and turn the fuel trim richer. BTW, this will make a 2mpg difference at most.

Shell and BP are two that still provide proper petrol.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
True, but the blend is different. It even smells different, so therefore not the same.

A

·
0 Posts
My car is a 2.0 twin spark, Im only getting 49 miles to £10.00, is this right?

This is mostly small journeys i.e. upto 15 minutes.

What do you guys get?
Yep, that's what my 146 does on short trips, 100 miles for £20. The V6 GTV did 62miles on £20 last week on my short trips to work and back.:(

·
Registered
685 Posts
That sounds ok, about the same as my previous 1.6. £10 doesn't get you as much petrol as it has done!

If it makes you feel better, the GTA has been known to consume about £20 during late night return journeys from a mates house (about 50 miles away)!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
City driving - 74 miles per £10 of the oily stuff . You should all come over to the dark side!

H

·
0 Posts
Shell and BP are two that still provide proper petrol.
My father in law is an operator and shift supervisor on a Shell Refinery, been working there for just over 30 years now.

He has never used Shell petrol in that time.

He knows what they put into it, you see ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I get almost exactly the same maybe a bit less than 49 when pushing it hard and about 70-75 on the motorway doing 70mph . But I feel that that still too much

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds right to me. I do nothing but small journies and it costs me £40-£50 a week. Thankfully work pay for most of it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts