Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the GTA up on saturday. First time in several days......... My garden resembled a misty morning only with a strong smell of burnt oil. Was quite embarrassing driving along the road for the first mile or so. Think classic american film knacked smokey old car comedy:rolleyes: So looks like I'll be rebuilding her at some point soon. She only smokes if left for longer periods. If I drive it daily then I don't really seem to have any burning issues. Piston rings and shells and headgaskets on order for the new year then:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is though the car makes really good power. I'm loathed to take it apart only for it not to be so good when rebuilt. If it's used every day then it just uses oil rather than smokes it out the back

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(don't mind, myself, as long as you're behind me in the queues...;) )
Nah it's so fast it'll be out front :p

Put it this way someone I knew was driving it and kept up with a 06 porker which apparently really ****ed the driver off. :D Wasn't me driving it. :) We'll call said driver "L"

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nah it's so fast it'll be out front :p

Put it this way someone I knew was driving it and kept up with a 06 porker which apparently really ****ed the driver off. :D Wasn't me driving it. :) We'll call said driver "L"
You're probably right - found out why my temp needle wasn't moving above 50 - wasn't driving it like an Alfa...more like a Kia...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're probably right - found out why my temp needle wasn't moving above 50 - wasn't driving it like an Alfa...more like a Kia...
:lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts