Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a bit of help folks :D

Hopefully I'll be moving down here on a permanent basis in the next month or two :)

I need to be within 20 minutes drive of Tamworth with a train station near by for the Mrs to be able to get into Tamworth.

This is where I live now so I'd like to know if there are any nice towns like this near Tamworth :D

Ormskirk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm looking for a 3 bedroom detached but I'll be renting so if any of you know any good estate agents I could contact I'd much appreciate it :D

Cheers
Tony

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Don't know the area.... but rammy might.... he's from Burton on Trent :)

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Does this mean you'll be attending some East Mids meets then, Tony? Best pull my finger out then:lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know the area.... but rammy might.... he's from Burton on Trent :)
Cheers Bradders :)

UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent

Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Tamworth itself, there are a few nice towns in the area.
Ashby de la zouche never thought of there cheers ADF :D

Does this mean you'll be attending some East Mids meets then, Tony? Best pull my finger out then:lol:
I'll be attending every month once I'm down here and all the other stuff you'll all be doing :D

I might even come up with a few ideas to help out :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Lichfield or Burton have good rail connections, some nice villages in the Burton and Tamworth area too.
Stretton, Rolleston on Dove, Tutbury, Alrewas all have some nice areas.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
branston, barton, abbots bromley,all good links to the A38, willington, hilton,etwall all good links to the A50,happy house hunting:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks I'm looking round Lichfield at the minute Boley Park is looking very nice :)

Barton Under Needwood is great but no rail connection for the Mrs she can't drive :cry:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swadlincote ? :D

Just been looking at a nice detached there is it ok :confused:

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Not my area of Burton but there is nothing wrong with Swad as far as I'm aware.:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers mate :D

Got a viewing on Tuesday night :thumbs:

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,653 Posts
Hey there Tony,
As Rammy mentioned, Tutbury is a nice spot.
Nice villages around the Hatton/Tutbury rail station include Church Broughton, Hatton, Rolleston on Dove, Hanbury....... It's a nice area. I'm in Hatton and really like it.
These places are nicely between Derby, Uttoxeter and Burton upon Trent too.
Good luck with the hunt!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers H :D

South end of Swad is looking good so far I'll let you all know tomorrow :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
South end of Swad? :eek:

I know it very well. Swadlincote is a great little town. It's not the poshest and it was quite bad for crime and drugs after the pits closed, but then wasn't every pit town. :rolleyes:
If you need amenities close to hand it's quite handy but Burton-On-Trent and Tamworth are more sizeable towns with plenty of nightlife.
If you need the train, Burton, Tamworth and Lichfield are ideal as most of the towns are at least a 30min bus ride to the nearest station. Not good if you don't drive.
Ashby-de-la-Zouch is the cream of the crop, in terms of local towns in that area but no working train station and very expensive in relation to neighbouring towns.

All of the above have McDonalds, so you're safe there. :thumbs: :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like the air quality will be on the decline in the East midlands then :lol:

I'll get back to the SW lounge now :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
South end of Swad? :eek:

I know it very well. Swadlincote is a great little town. It's not the poshest and it was quite bad for crime and drugs after the pits closed, but then wasn't every pit town. :rolleyes:
If you need amenities close to hand it's quite handy but Burton-On-Trent and Tamworth are more sizeable towns with plenty of nightlife.
If you need the train, Burton, Tamworth and Lichfield are ideal as most of the towns are at least a 30min bus ride to the nearest station. Not good if you don't drive.
Ashby-de-la-Zouch is the cream of the crop, in terms of local towns in that area but no working train station and very expensive in relation to neighbouring towns.

All of the above have McDonalds, so you're safe there. :thumbs: :lol:
It must have changed a lot since you were here mate it's really nice :)

Had a good nose round nice estate no scallys lot of nice cars on the drives and the house is :inlove: sent Jan a load of piccys and she's well happy :thumbs:

Looks like the air quality will be on the decline in the East midlands then :lol:

I'll get back to the SW lounge now :D
:rolleyes: Yes bu66er orf :raz:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It must have changed a lot since you were here mate it's really nice :)

Had a good nose round nice estate no scallys lot of nice cars on the drives and the house is :inlove: sent Jan a load of piccys and she's well happy :thumbs:
It has changed a hell of lot in 30 years. You wouldn't have gone out in the dark back then. :eek:
I had a flat next to the Ski slope about 15 years ago. It was lovely then, but now all the national forest trust have brought the old slag heaps and turned them in to forestry, its starting to become very sort after. ;)
My Mum only lives a couple of mile away, so if you need any help with estate agents give me a shout. :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers mate :)

looks like I'll be living a couple of mile away from your mum very soon :thumbs:

Better tell her a Scouser is moving into the area and apologise on my behalf for the drop in property values :lol:

It's a nice 4 bed detached about 5 mins drive from the big Morrisons :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts