Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello again, now the time has come and i am saying good buy to my baby 156 :( too many things have gone wrong now and since the bonnet incident i have had another 2 near death experiances with it! due to a garage's shoddy workmanship, i am gonna go back to my trusty astra:cry: thanks all for your help and pleaseeeee someone try to change my mind!!!!!

Mel x x x

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Hi Mel, very sorry to hear about your major issues with the 159 :(

It's quite shocking to hear about the bonnet issue given the amount of effort Alfa is putting into build quality and quality control processes.

I am not sure there is anything I can say to make you change your mind, but perhaps it was just a case of being sold a lemon, which tends to happen from time to time to all makes.

·
Administrator
60,439 Posts
sorry to hear of all the problems you've had Mel, you have to do what is right for you. Sounds like this alfa wasn't the best one:(
Take care
CG

·
Registered
66 Posts
hello again, now the time has come and i am saying good buy to my baby 159 :( too many things have gone wrong now and since the bonnet incident i have had another 2 near death experiances with it! i am gonna go back to my trusty astra:cry: thanks all for your help and pleaseeeee someone try to change my mind!!!!!

Mel x x x
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, but is this a 156 or a 159? I think the former looking at your earlier posts.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
yeah, says your member car is a 156, not good for prospective 159 buyers writing that sort of thing, sends mixed signals.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. not much people can say to change your mind if you are set on giving the car up.

try again in a few years and perhaps you will find a better car :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, better luck next time :)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I don't know what all your problems have been, but it sounds to me like you really don't want to part with your Alfa. I take it you've given the dealer every opportunity to sort these problems? Have you tried getting anyone else involved to sort it out, like speaking to Alfa UK?

An Astra will feel so 'normal' & lifeless after driving an Alfa, I tried one and it actually felt dull compared to the Laguna I had at the time :(

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hiya, apologies if i have offended or put anyone off in any way guys, i bought the car private and the problems i had with car was down to a certain garage as it had a service/mot that day!!! it's making things worse cos i have fallen in love with the car (156) and boyyyy does it go :) ive had a look on alfa website and when i saw the new 159 i had flutterbyes in my tummy! so guess where i will be going next :)
sorry again all

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry about the issues with the 156, I'm probably too taken with mine to even acknowledge some of it's imperfections. That said I've test driven the 159 on two occassions and build quality wise I found it to be well put together. In fact comparable with any other car in it's class segment. Whatever you chose to drive in the future enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
So it's not a 159 but the 156. Sorry toi hear about that, pitty you don't want/can't solve the problems have need to change...

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
hiya, apologies if i have offended or put anyone off in any way guys, i bought the car private and the problems i had with car was down to a certain garage as it had a service/mot that day!!! it's making things worse cos i have fallen in love with the car (156) and boyyyy does it go :) ive had a look on alfa website and when i saw the new 159 i had flutterbyes in my tummy! so guess where i will be going next :)
sorry again all
Could you please edit your first post then? Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
fluffysqueek said:
changes made, is this better?
...not really :D

It's this bit:
fluffysqueek said:
to my baby 159
that you should change, because it might make people think you had a 159 that gave you loads of problems, when you actually had a 156.

Sorry the 156 didn't work out for you, best of luck with your Astra. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Fluffysqueek, sorry about your troubles with the car. Had a similar lemon experience with my 1st Alfa, but decided to give the brand another chance. I wisened up in terms of what to look out for during selection (and have been fairly finicky in the process) and thus far I am extremely happy with my 156.
Good luck with the Astra, & hope you return to the brand soon!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh hey sorry i didnt realise id written 159 instead of 156! see this new 159 is taking my brain over :) i have definatelly fallen in love with the new one so astra back into the garage AGAIN hahaha

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah ill pop that on ebay, i ment ive fallen in love with the new 159 has anyone got a shiny new black one i can borrow for a week or so to test drive??? :) hahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts