Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to say 'high', and I'm back on the lookout for my 4th alfa.

After a long and cold winter spent in my 1980 land rover I've decided that I 'must' get a new alfa... and soon!!

I'm actually gutted I sold my 156 sportwagon last summer,

But kinda excited to be looking for a new alfa again.

my last 2 alfa's were english imports and I reckon with the sterling that it might be a good idea to look at importing again. But there do seem to be some nice cars around the place on donedeal etc.

My budget is about 6k and I'm looking for a 159, 147 or gt. preferably a 08 with decent tax band or an older car if its in really good condition... whatcha think? possible?or a pipe dream?

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
Welcome back & good luck with the hunt :thumbs:

Is it a diesel you are looking for ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really bothered David, just something cheap to run and preferably tax...

My current car was bought as a F! YOU to the government and I pay 56Euro a year road tax and I feel that is suitable for the condition of the roads.

But my protest is falling on its face as I need a new bella, so its a balance between a italian beauty and low running costs. Balance can swing both ways depending on the car... but there is a very nice blackline on sale in the UK... possibly just a fraction more than I'd like to spend :(

Diesel or modern petrol engine would be fine, I'd like a change from the Twin sparks tho I think... dunno.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If I had 6k to spend I would be accross the water shopping for a GTV cup or a V6 spider...

But, as has been mentioned before, I have a somewhat tenuous grip on sanity.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a very nice car, but the mileage is a little high for petrol no?

I've been doing some browsing and I think maybe I will try for a diesel, fuel economy would be a big factore especially if I bought a pre 2008.
I almost bought a cup once... back when my kids weren't so ...well kid-ish ;)

J

·
0 Posts
This is going for half your budget, very good mpg if you can stomach the tax. 175bhp out of the box and easily remapped apparently. If I hadn't recently bought a car in the uk this would be right up my street.

Alfa Romeo 156 JTD Sportwagon For Sale in Cork : €2,750 - DoneDeal.ie

Used to belong to an ao member aswell I think. Re cheap 159's ask PDMC, but I think the answer is don't bother!

Edit: not for sale anymore!

·
Registered
131 Posts
My budget is about 6k and I'm looking for a 159, 147 or gt. preferably a 08 with decent tax band or an older car if its in really good condition... whatcha think? possible?or a pipe dream?
How about a diesel GT? Looks great and room for the kids in the back.

And I'll buy her off you in a couple of years' time :lol:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a diesel GT? Looks great and room for the kids in the back.

And I'll buy her off you in a couple of years' time :lol:
Thats EXACTLY what I'm thinking about!!!

I'm very keen on a Diesel GT 2004-2008 from Ireland or UK depending on lots of things...
Although I'll keep an eye out for an amazing 147 or 159 incase one comes along.

I'll sell it on to you in a few years so, when I go for the brera ;)

Deal so! Thats great to think I've already secured a deal for three years in the future on a car I haven't bought yet! Gotta love this forum :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
If I had 6k to spend I would be accross the water shopping for a GTV cup or a V6 spider...

But, as has been mentioned before, I have a somewhat tenuous grip on sanity.....
Would a GTV Cup not set you back about £10K and then your VRT!!!

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Maybe..... But I've an awful gra on me for one....!
So I was successful in outing you so!
I did guess as much-they are stunning BTW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts