Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
All of those are fitted with the carbon pack which you can't get in the UK. I spent ages trawling the internet for Misano Blue Sports and they are really thin on the ground! However I've got a few now! Plus one parked outside!!

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Phew!
I thought I'd insulted you after I'd posted my comments on the carbon bits on the Veloce S I saw at the recent show. You're not missing a lot as the viewing distance for them to be convincing is quite far away.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Ok, so mines got the aluminium bits on (grill, door handles, mirror caps & wheels) but it gives an idea what it’ll look like. Having put the aluminium filler caps & foot pedals on, it sort of follows a theme!! Looks good in the photos, even better in real life!!

Attachments

Reactions: JTD_Liam

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi All,

As promised attached are the photo's of my car which I collected from the Dealer yesterday. I am still not sure about the wheels, think they need to be colour matched to the door handles, mirrors etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,633 Posts
Ok, so mines got the aluminium bits on (grill, door handles, mirror caps & wheels) but it gives an idea what it’ll look like. Having put the aluminium filler caps & foot pedals on, it sort of follows a theme!! Looks good in the photos, even better in real life!!
Great looking Giulietta with the Misano blue and silver trim.
If it had 18'' 5-holes instead of 17'' (still silver), it'd be the perfect looking Giulietta as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: andypj

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,633 Posts
I'm not convinced that the MA unit is a big difference over the tb. 122 v 148 bhp? torque slightly up? When you look at the figures there are differences, but the MA unit makes the biggest difference at the top of the rev range, as in 4000rpm plus. Now if you spend most of your time up there fine, but if you don't? the in-gear acceleration times for the tb v MA from 50 to 75mph are almost identical. 0-60 times aren't - the MA is a second quicker. But it's not a great deal. You might be surprised!
Cheaper running costs as well with the MA - tax, mpg.
Get a TCT and it's almost free of tax.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,633 Posts
All of those are fitted with the carbon pack which you can't get in the UK. I spent ages trawling the internet for Misano Blue Sports and they are really thin on the ground! However I've got a few now! Plus one parked outside!!
I can't say I'm a fan of the carbon effect sills.
I think the QV launch edition had black sills, or maybe they were 'carbon', but it just looked like they forgot to paint them.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Cheaper running costs as well with the MA - tax, mpg.
Get a TCT and it's almost free of tax.
Not any more! tb is now more economical than the MA (using the Government tests as a comparison) & new tax rules mean that the tax is the same - both are £140, TCT or not!

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Hi All,

As promised attached are the photo's of my car which I collected from the Dealer yesterday. I am still not sure about the wheels, think they need to be colour matched to the door handles, mirrors etc.
I think I tend to agree on that one. However, I do like a Giulietta in Misano Blue! I was a bit unsure after I ordered mine, but now I've got it I'm really pleased.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just stumbled on this thread and noticed that on your pictures the rear nearside brake caliper appears to be just the cheaper silvered type and the other 3 are painted red? Am I seeing things?
We recently bought an ex. demo Sport in Misano Blue and all 4 calipers are just the cheaper silvered type.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.