Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
Even though my previous Giulietta had 18" Turbines I don't think they suit the dark trim on the car so may change them to a darker colour at a later date.
Yep, bright silver alloys do seem very strange with the dark bits (mirrors, handles etc).
Dark finish 5-holes or turbines would look great IMHO, not sure about ''gloss black'' though.

Be great to see some real life pics of a Misano one wearing decent-sized wheels when you get it. A very striking colour.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
White needs a striking design of car in the first place to carry it off - nothing gets 'hidden'.
White won't do anything to improve the look of lesser designs.
Maybe why so many of the German boxes are in black and grey...

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
Do Alfa do that with the Giulietta?

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
White cars should not have exposed exterior paint on the interior door frames as it looks very cheap.
Yes. I wouldn't buy a white one with that even if I wanted that paint.
That is poor from Alfa; not something they ever did with the Spider/Brera/159.
A bit naff.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
Reactions: cue2

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
There are many different shades of white....
I think the pastel Biachi White, fits well with an Alfa Giiulietta
At BMW or Audi you have to pay 2000 extra to get such a shade ....
(The standard white is too sharp at BMW or Audi/VW)
I guess you mean Luna Pearl metallic, a sort of off-white/blue? That could be described as a 'pastel'.
https://cdn.am-online.com/media/1/n...acelifted-giulietta/34436/24444_w555_h555.jpg

Ghiaccio White would never be described as 'pastel', it's just 'white', though is a little darker than Audi's 'white'.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
One track mind some folk :rolleyes:

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
GTVs in Nuvola look great.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
I know they're meant to be really good but I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Hyundai are perfectly decent cars but I feel about as much excitement towards them as I do when I use our microwave. They just do nothing for me at all.

I'd probably try the 1.4 TB 120 first. Not entirely confident about the MultiAir's and can't say I particularly enjoyed driving them when I've had the chance, albeit in TCT form.
There's no issues now with MultiAir are there, not after all these years?
Even the Giulia uses the technology so it must be okay, bearing in mind the US market now have it.

Reactions: cue2

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
Ok, so mines got the aluminium bits on (grill, door handles, mirror caps & wheels) but it gives an idea what it’ll look like. Having put the aluminium filler caps & foot pedals on, it sort of follows a theme!! Looks good in the photos, even better in real life!!
Great looking Giulietta with the Misano blue and silver trim.
If it had 18'' 5-holes instead of 17'' (still silver), it'd be the perfect looking Giulietta as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: andypj

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
I'm not convinced that the MA unit is a big difference over the tb. 122 v 148 bhp? torque slightly up? When you look at the figures there are differences, but the MA unit makes the biggest difference at the top of the rev range, as in 4000rpm plus. Now if you spend most of your time up there fine, but if you don't? the in-gear acceleration times for the tb v MA from 50 to 75mph are almost identical. 0-60 times aren't - the MA is a second quicker. But it's not a great deal. You might be surprised!
Cheaper running costs as well with the MA - tax, mpg.
Get a TCT and it's almost free of tax.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,717 Posts
All of those are fitted with the carbon pack which you can't get in the UK. I spent ages trawling the internet for Misano Blue Sports and they are really thin on the ground! However I've got a few now! Plus one parked outside!!
I can't say I'm a fan of the carbon effect sills.
I think the QV launch edition had black sills, or maybe they were 'carbon', but it just looked like they forgot to paint them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.