Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After part exchanging my 2010 Giulietta 1.4MA Veloce for a Jeep Renegade 1.4MA Limited 32 months ago I have just ordered from stock a brand new Giulietta 1.4 TB Multiair 150 Speciale with Misano Blue paint work (yes Misano Blue!!), full black leather and 18" Turbines.

Jeep was meant to be a stop gap until the all new Giulietta came out but the Renegade has been a major headache (as mentioned on other posts), because of the issues with the Renegade I can't wait any longer. Picking up the car week Monday, can't wait.

Pictures to follow when I pick it up, below is a picture from the Alfa Configurator. Even though my previous Giulietta had 18" Turbines I don't think they suit the dark trim on the car so may change them to a darker colour at a later date.

Attachments

· Registered
42,797 Posts
Good to see you returning to an attractive car after the Jeep!
The blue one sounds like the one you saw outside the dealers?
Speciale 150 is a good spec. You should try to get the dealer to offer the turbines to somebody and get the five-hole std spec wheels on.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to see you returning to an attractive car after the Jeep!
The blue one sounds like the one you saw outside the dealers?
Speciale 150 is a good spec. You should try to get the dealer to offer the turbines to somebody and get the five-hole std spec wheels on.
Yes it is the same car outside my local dealer, but can't see why it had such a ridiculous sticker price. I paid nowhere near that much. You are right about the wheels, with black five-hole alloys it would look the business. Dealer only has a used model with gloss black five-hole wheels.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,715 Posts
Even though my previous Giulietta had 18" Turbines I don't think they suit the dark trim on the car so may change them to a darker colour at a later date.
Yep, bright silver alloys do seem very strange with the dark bits (mirrors, handles etc).
Dark finish 5-holes or turbines would look great IMHO, not sure about ''gloss black'' though.

Be great to see some real life pics of a Misano one wearing decent-sized wheels when you get it. A very striking colour.

· Registered
42,627 Posts
is White still popular on the Giulietta?
Never liked it when it was launch colour in 2010. What a con charging £500 extra for what's usually a free "colour"!
There was a time when white cars were worth less as nobody wanted them.

Same with Merdi Brown, Hearing-aid Beige, Bathroom blue, babys**t yellow and Varicose Blue.

But Fiat sell all of those colours on the 500 range.

My dad recently bought a white 335i Convertible BMW, and it really doesn't suit the car.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,715 Posts
White needs a striking design of car in the first place to carry it off - nothing gets 'hidden'.
White won't do anything to improve the look of lesser designs.
Maybe why so many of the German boxes are in black and grey...

· Registered
41,899 Posts

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,715 Posts
Do Alfa do that with the Giulietta?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes it is the same car outside my local dealer, but can't see why it had such a ridiculous sticker price. I paid nowhere near that much. You are right about the wheels, with black five-hole alloys it would look the business. Dealer only has a used model with gloss black five-hole wheels.
You'll be glad to see the back of that Renegade I bet! It's getting tempting to do the same with my Giulietta, which has it's fair share of problems, albeit not as serious as those you've had with the Renegade. I might have to wait till early next year when I'm halfway through the finance though :weeping: I've been having a look at other manufacturers (new Megane GT Line & Signative Nav & Peugeot 308 GT Line) but I'm thinking I'd probably get a better deal swapping my Alfa for another :thinking: Are you nearer to Unity than Motorvogue/Westaway?

There was a time when white cars were worth less as nobody wanted them.

Same with Merdi Brown, Hearing-aid Beige, Bathroom blue, babys**t yellow and Varicose Blue.

But Fiat sell all of those colours on the 500 range.

My dad recently bought a white 335i Convertible BMW, and it really doesn't suit the car.
Oi! My MiTo was Merdi Brown aka Metal Bronze - I loved it. With tan leather it took a while to get used to, but it grew on me :hehe: I should've kept it. Almost took the Giulietta across the Cotswolds this morning in the hope it slid into a ditch. Bloody heap goes back to the dealers again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,715 Posts
White cars should not have exposed exterior paint on the interior door frames as it looks very cheap.
Yes. I wouldn't buy a white one with that even if I wanted that paint.
That is poor from Alfa; not something they ever did with the Spider/Brera/159.
A bit naff.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
11,715 Posts
Reactions: cue2

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You'll be glad to see the back of that Renegade I bet! It's getting tempting to do the same with my Giulietta, which has it's fair share of problems, albeit not as serious as those you've had with the Renegade. I might have to wait till early next year when I'm halfway through the finance though :weeping: I've been having a look at other manufacturers (new Megane GT Line & Signative Nav & Peugeot 308 GT Line) but I'm thinking I'd probably get a better deal swapping my Alfa for another :thinking: Are you nearer to Unity than Motorvogue/Westaway?

Oi! My MiTo was Merdi Brown aka Metal Bronze - I loved it. With tan leather it took a while to get used to, but it grew on me :hehe: I should've kept it. Almost took the Giulietta across the Cotswolds this morning in the hope it slid into a ditch. Bloody heap goes back to the dealers again tomorrow. :rolleyes:
I am only 10 miles from Banbury so Unity is by far the nearest Alfa dealer, got a very good deal due to the issues with the Renegade. Got no help from Jeep. Giulietta is still the best looking hatch on the market, only other car I like is the Volvo V40 R design. For sure you will get more money for your car if you stick with the same brand.

· Registered
135 Posts
There are many different shades of white....
I think the pastel Biachi White, fits well with an Alfa Giiulietta
At BMW or Audi you have to pay 2000 extra to get such a shade ....
(The standard white is too sharp at BMW or Audi/VW)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.