Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Alfa owners!

I am a Brit but pretend to be Australian every now and then! I live in Sydney and am seriously considering purchasing a new motor which I have decided is to be an Alfa 147 GTA in pearly Blue/Silver blue.

I love everything about them, the looks, the lines, the interior and I suppose the 250 bhp helps a bit!

Alfa's are not as readily available down under as in the UK and second hand prices seem to vary greatly.

I consider myself a massive petrol head but unfortunately can't boast of ever owning an Alfa ever so really I am not a true one yet! Before I embark on a new life of thrills with a GTA i have some basic questions.

-What are the realistic annual costs involved for a 2003/2004 model roughly in sterling or dollars, is there much in terms of upkeep apart from the usual, petrol, servicing, insurance?
-Are the days of Alfa's falling to bits mostly a thing of the past since the turn of the century?
-What things should i look out for when purchasing a second hand Alfa 147 GTA which could be deal breakers or would stear me away?

Basically, any chat about the 147 and helpful info would be great, I'm prepared to love it and care for it and am not expecting it to be hassle free like a VW, but I still want to get a rough idea of what is in store for me!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome. Head to the GTA lounge, all the info and advices there. But keep us posted when you get it!
Cheers.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts