Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps you`ve been done :D

Sorry, just had to say it ;) , mine squeels the same, check your pas belt and see if its either worn or tensioned properly.

Your oil bar sender possibly needs replacing too.

A fresh oil change could help the tapping.

;) Lee

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops sorry there, pas belt is your power steering belt, this runs from the engine pulley to the power steering pump. Think this is on the front left of the engine bay, (looking at it from the bumper)

It may just need tightening, my car also does this, but im too lazy to sort it :D

£500 thats good for the year. and 140mph, yep thats the fun bit of alfa ownership, just have to live with the odd gremlin.

Lee

·
Administrator
46,146 Posts
You did say that mate, check your first post. You didn't shout it the first time though ;) :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on my 2nd 155, first a V6 now a 2.0 TS and both whine on full lock.
They all do that sir. :)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
The rattling on start up might be a noisy variator

And it`ll probably be the oil pressue sender causing the lack of reading on the bar

unless its got no oil pressure

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi GME-DIGITAL

The Power steering squeeling and "sucking" on full lock seems to be kinda "normal". I think everyones 155 does it (mine does).

The no oil pressure will be the sender unit probably or a bad connection at the sender, or broken wire, or..........

The tappety sound......does it do it all the time at idle, or just when cold ????
The 16v's suffer from gubbed variators which make it sound like a diesel at tickover, but it'll still sound like this when hot (I think).

Welcome BTW :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello GME-Digital!
Sounds like you got a bit of a bargain! Do you know when the cambelt was last changed?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same problem with the belt a few weeks ago. Turned that they had used a 6 tooth belt rather than 7 tooth. Both belts are the same length.

AM

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GME-Digital when you need parts email me as i have parts that you made need

Ted :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts