Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of a 159 2.2 JTS :lol:

Left early this morning and made my way to Chesterfield to meet up with a member form here (156to159) which had the car for sale, after couple of hours driving around the beautiful Peak District area, I've signed the paperwork and handed in the cash.
The car is an 06, owned from new form an Alfa manager, John bought the car in 09 and in this time had the gearbox changed and the air con unit done. 53K miles full service history done every 12 to 15K miles and warranty until Sept '13.
I was really impressed on how the car handled on the twisty roads, not much roll at all, plenty of grip and the car feels really planted, I felt relaxed and comfortable from the beginning. The way home was a 3hours drive on the M1, not as enjoyable also not helped by the lack of torque (maybe only compared to my previous cars), a part from that no problems at all, the car is very clean and well looked after, comfortable and for a SW it doesn't feel big when behind the wheels. I'll have to get used to the gear change as I find the 1st gear nearly unusable, and you have have to be firm when engaging the other gears, again, might just be me not been used to it.
Once I get some money back in I'll be looking to respray the front bumper as it has few scratches and get a re-map which should solve the torque issue.
Hoping on a sunny day tomorrow so that I can take some pictures.

A very happy me :inlove:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Today the computer kindly reminded to fill up the engine oil as I have only 3 out of 6 bars left, a bit strange as it didn't flag it up yesterday, will check and re fill during the week.

To start with I'll be looking into:
HID or LED - as the standard are not that strong, anyone that did this had problems with the recent MOT changes?
Mud flaps - can those be painted to match?
Wind deflectors

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone knows how to fix what I think is a faulty engine oil sensor?
I keep getting warnings either advising that I need a top up or that the engine oil is full. Checked the stick today and it is just over the max tag.
Any idea?

Thanks
Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts