Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI car was reporting 5.6 l/100km for yesterday's trip (that's about 50 mpg). That's better than I expected but I'm after plugging up the holes in the air system, replacing MAF and giving it a service.

I'd be interested to know if the injector cleaner you're running with improves your figures.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just for the information, the OBC reported 11.2 Km/l for the whole day - which is about 31 MPG. On the way home it recorder 12.6 Km/l, mostly on twisty country road with a 100 Km/h limit; It's about 35 MPG. Not that I really care too much, otherwise I'd have bought a Skoda Fabia :)vomit:); Still, not too bad for the supposedly thirsty JTS!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry, just seeing this now, I've barely been online outside of office hours since the trip.

Yeah, I have seen an improvement alright since running Diptane through the system over 2.5 tanks of diesel.

I was averaging about 7.5 l/100km. Since that Sunday, it's consistently been 7 l/100kms.

Still though, I feel that's high and think there's still room for improvement.

Would be interested to see what other 159 1.9 JTDM 16v owners are getting and with what type of driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts