Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the little clear markers on the column stalks and the hazard warning button glow when the rest of the dashboard illumination is on?

A

·
0 Posts
Well mine do, and the dipped beam height adjusting wheel markings. Looks greeat!
My hazard light switch doesn't light up, which miffs me a bit.

R

·
0 Posts
no illumination on my column stalks, had car from approx 1yr old too.... be interested to see them in action!

regards
raj

B

·
0 Posts
If the stalk illuminations dont work can the bulbs be easily replaced?I've done my blown dash lights and did think the stalk ends should light up(they dont) :( This is part of my masterplan to surpass the amount of dash illumination found in my old 33 mk1 Green Cloverleaf,it had enough gauges and flashing buttons(all factory fitted)for several pairs of eyes,AND it all moved up and down with the steering column. :D Cool car but rusty,someone called it an Italian XR3i :mad:

·
Registered
550 Posts
No illumination at all on my 97 !

J

·
0 Posts
Is it possible to change the colour of the dash ilumination, I fancy a nice redy/orange.
My wifes new punto looks really cool at night.
FGN

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, I might have a mooch around and at the same time, I'll look at changing the colour, for the benefit of FGN!

M

·
0 Posts
The lighting for the stalks is not replacable according to the manual. My left stalk is lit but the right is not!
I had a Tipo once (same stalks) & they lit OK

Does anyone know if the electric mirror switches should light up. Mine doe not frown

S

·
0 Posts
Mine all light up!
Mirror switch doesn't, has no bulb in. All electric window switches, isolator switch and fog light switch should also light up.

Andy

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Scarf:
[QB] The lighting for the stalks is not replacable according to the manual. My left stalk is lit but the right is not!

:( Arse frown

C

·
0 Posts
The lights in the stalks are LED's. If you can get the stalks apart without damaging them like I did to the tipo one from a scrapper, (trust me its not at all easy to do) then you could change the colour of them.Again not easy to as they're tiny and need soldering. They should light up on all 155's. The left hand stalk on my 155 never did, but the r/h one does. Any illmination problems are more likely to be wiring related as led's are reliable little buggers that generally don't fail even if you bash them about. Saying that I spent quite a bit of time trying to sort mine out with no result.

B

·
0 Posts
:( Unfortunately it seems like rather a waste of time trying to fix them in that case doesn't it? frown

W

·
0 Posts
I would be very careful messing with the stalks. I took one apart to fix the rear fog switch and they are a swine to do. Its easy to break the little contacts for the switch or put it back together without bending the contact. They are expensive to replace if broken.

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
just checked.. mine light up, i never really notcied before because they are hidden behind the steering wheel, one wierd thing, the ligh changer thingymebob under the steering wheel isnt green its like red... same as the interior light which were changed to red at some point although they look a bit pink now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts