Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
34,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought these kick plates. I thought they were only described as such earlier on in the brochure and had reverted to a red insert. No. they are fibre optic lit from behind a white insert and now I must find a skilled person to fit it,based on the instructions!
a nice surprise.But I did think they were a bit expensive
Anybody else got these?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ta :thumbs:
I didn't realise these were illuminated either.
I assume there is a connector hidden somewhere for them to be powered from.
I'm sure you will let us know when you fit them.

·
Registered
34,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a bit more complex with wiring to interior lamp and cutting hole in scuff plate.45 mins for pro

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have these installed. Looks awesome. Especially when getting out of the car when it is dark ��

Installed them with the help of my dad this past summer. None of us are pros. We just followed the pictures.

I must admit that it did look a bit daunting at first. I got a quote for installation for a couple of hundred pounds here in Denmark and decided to try out without a pro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ordered them and twin shot exhaust on purchase. coming from a 159 i didn't like the fact of not having scuff plates with no visible alfa romeo insignia was my reason for ordering them.
i'm so pleased i did because they absolutly look great. for me they finish the car perfectly.
at night opening the drivers door they both light up giving the car a classy look. just about everybody that opens the door of my gqv comments on them, they really do finish off the inside of the car. i really didn't like the black plastic something look missing.
cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Perception of lights like these are always hard from pictures. They look too bright for daytime, but might look great at nighttime. I think I would've preferred non-illuminated plates myself.

·
Registered
34,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perception of lights like these are always hard from pictures. They look too bright for daytime, but might look great at nighttime. I think I would've preferred non-illuminated plates myself.
It's actually quite tasteful but as you say , difficult to show in images.It took Kinghams twice the book time of 45 mins to fit but that's what they charged.The effect is nice as you look across the car when You have unlocked it as they are wired into the interior lights.

·
Registered
34,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should these not be connected to the puddle light circuit or similar open door switch?

I would think they would only light up when the door is open.
The 13 stage instructions from Alfa say to wire them up to the interior lamp which means they are lit up when you unlock the car and this works just fine as you can see the logo on the plate on the other side when you are about to open the door. The dealer followed these instructions which involved taking the Apillar cappings etc off and dropping the headliner by taking the sunvisors off . Open door switches do not exist as they used to when they were like those on a fridge .

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got them in mine. Had to have them installed by a certified Automotive electrician so as not to void factory warranty, so just make sure you check with your Alfa dealer on who can install before you go ahead. They look fantastic and are a real talking point. Got the tread plates and the Alfa Giulietta Gear Lever Knob & Gaiter - Opaque Black.

Just buy them, you know you want to:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts