Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...pretty soon. My car is a 2002 pre-facelift 2.0 TS 156 Selespeed. I'm thinking of getting Ferodo DS Performance pads and whatever reasonably priced discs will go with them (not necessarily grooved or drilled). I seem to remember from last time that getting the right sized discs (front in particular) was a bit of a pain. Can anyone reassure me of the correct disc diameters front and back please? And if anyone has any ideas re: a place to get the pads and discs for a good price, much appreciated! ;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
front are 285mm x 22mm, rear are 251mm x 10mm

as for setup, a good setup without blowing the bank would be DS2500 pads on front with DS2000 pads on rear, stock disks all round with a good brake fluid

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marko, that pad combo is what I have at the moment actually!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ah well you will know how well it works :) nothing much you can improve on it really unless you go big brake conversion which is just silly money

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I have the sportwagon version of your car;

My rear discs are sha**ed,

I bought some new ones from Autodelta and my garage said they dont fit.

Does the sportwagon have different rear disks than the saloon? Autodelta said that they are all the same.

I took a wheel off earlier to check and they look like a good fit to me other than my original disks having 4 x hex bolt holes.

Anyone got any ideas? I am considering buying a caliper wind-back tool and trying them on myself.

...Sorry for hijacking your thread VO2Max, i didnt think it was worth starting another with the same subject.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
you can get 4 hole and 5 hole disks for the 156, depending on what hub is used.

if your car only has 4 bolts then get onto autodelta and tell them this, send the disks back and they should be able to sort the correct set out

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Pics of the discs

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Hi Marko,

so there is only 2 types of rear disc for the 156?

If so, these are 5 bolt and so must fit!

Matt!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
you can get 4 hole and 5 hole disks for the 156, depending on what hub is used.
Are you sure? I thought all 156 hubs were 5 stud.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
yeah ros jsut checked, all 5 holersm my bad... however, i can only identify two different rear disks...

ones 251mm dia, 137mm hub dia, 51mm high and 10mm thick, used on the older models (pre 2002) and the 1.6 TS.

the other is 276mm dia, unsure of hub size, 46mm high and 10mm thick, used on the 2002 onwards cars and the GTA(excluding 1.6s)

matt, do you know which ones yours are?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I took a wheel off earlier to check and they look like a good fit to me other than my original disks having 4 x hex bolt holes.
Again, are you sure? I thought all 156 hubs were 5 stud.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the photo shows a 5 stud hub and 5 stud disk... perhaps its just the wrong sized disk? as i said, theres two sizes available (the smaller being the same as the 147)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Cheers,

The garage were on about the thickness...

I measured the new ones and the original ones to be about 9mm

They look exactly the same diameter.

Maybe the garage were feeling lazy.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Again, are you sure? I thought all 156 hubs were 5 stud.
Sorry, i dont mean four wheel bolt holes, there is 5 of them.

There is 4 holes for that screw in stalk bolt (unsure what its for). The new disks only have one but i suppose having 4 makes it easier to put the disc on.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Doh, just seen there is 5 of them including the hole with the bolt already in it.....i need caffeine

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
...i'm not really trying to increase my post count lol

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matt, don't worry about 'hijacking' my thread...I often do it :lol: .

I have to say though, your last 2 posts were totally gratuitous :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the new disks should be 10mm thick? the old ones would be 9mm if they were shagged! get the new ones put on man. theyl either fit or they wont!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts