Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sold an "alfa 156" spoiler. Been for fitting quotes. Been told it's not for my car, but seller insists it is. He says it's warped in storage and the fibre glass can be forced into shape when fitting it. Fitter says this can be done, but shape will be wrong and spoiler will crack almost immediately. Your opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
pics, which spoiler is it;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same shape as yours at the bottom of your posts, red. it doesn't curve at the ends as the boot does. seller says he'll fit it, but i don't wanna be left with a boot full of holes if it snaps.

·
Registered
30,242 Posts
same shape as yours at the bottom of your posts, red. it doesn't curve at the ends as the boot does. seller says he'll fit it, but i don't wanna be left with a boot full of holes if it snaps.
You will also need stronger boot struts because of the weight of the spoiler.
The ends of the normal ones snap under the extra weight...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
curve where? mine curves everywhere:lol: bigger pics:thumbs: show me

Attachments

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Just here. Spoiler is also lining up wider than the boot, but fits if pushed from both sides.
it does, mine overhangs the boot edges;) the supposed too:thumbs: ill get some pics up tomorrow to show you where and how it fits:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Got them pics yet, mate?
car is still in the garage, get it tomorrow morning, as i have to wait for parts, ill get some then, sorry matey:lol::thumbs:

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
Also, it's well wide of the lid, not just slightly. i'm gonna pop out and take a pic.
It is meant to be wide of the lid.

The holes shouldn't be wide of it though, and should sit about 1/2" in from the edge.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
here you go, see the size of the over hangs:thumbs: and the 'L' shape you were on about:thumbs:

the L shape is there to raise the spoiler on the end so that when you shut the boot, the spoiler doesnt slap into the wing;):thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
30,242 Posts
Be careful opening that boot, you have the wrong boot struts for a spoiler'd car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts