Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not content with almost mowing me down on the way in, she then parks her poxy Kia people carrier across two lanes of the small, 8 bay car park at the post office, at an angle which made it impossible for me to get out if I got back before her.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of going into the newsagents before going to the post office. When I got to the post office there was one window open, about 8 people queing and said silly cow at the front chatting away to a disinterested and exasperated counter clerk about her recent holiday. About 5 minutes later she then went about her business - buying one first class stamp.

Oh well, I figured she would have a least cleared the car park by the time I got back. Not a chance. She was sat in her car chatting away on her mobile. I sounded the horn a couple of times which had no effect. So I sat there with my hand on the horn. She sets off after ranting something out of the window, couldn't hear her because I still had my hand on the horn, and pulls up at the lights nearby in the middle of the two lanes - still on her mobile. Lights change, she moves forward about a foot and angles the car towards the right, blocking both lanes, no indicator - still on her mobile. Nothing coming the other way all the time she sat there so blatantly obvious she was one of those who clearly had no control of her vehicle or the roads around her while on the phone, but she eventually decides to go as the lights changed back to red and traffic started to come across the junction, leaving everybody behind her still sat at the lights.

I wasn't particularly concerned about any of the above - what did bother me was she had two small kiddies in the back. It just beggars belief that anybody can be that ignorant. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
It's not the cars fault,it's the ignorant owners who drive them are totally blameworthy imo. Loads of conscientious good drivers around here who are very cost conscious when it comes to car purchasing, going for Kia's, Hyundai,Daihatsu's and the like, but are still most considerate drivers. No we ain't got one of those, and on JC's mega bucks contracts most of those folk that do own them probably wouldn't either given the choice?:D Never have liked the non-technical but self opinionated views of that guy anyway.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the cars fault,it's the ignorant owners who drive them are totally blameworthy imo. Loads of conscientious good drivers around here who are very cost conscious when it comes to car purchasing, going for Kia's, Hyundai,Daihatsu's and the like, but are still most considerate drivers. No we ain't got one of those, and on JC's mega bucks contracts most of those folk that do own them probably wouldn't either given the choice?:D Never have liked the non-technical but self opinionated views of that guy anyway.
Agreed - but most of his comments are tongue-in-cheek, he knows that's what got him where he is today, but in this case I can actually see where he's coming from. That's not to say everybody who drives a Kia should be tarred with the same brush - that's reserved for BMW drivers. :lol:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
So what is he? A rich, lanky, going bald, smart as a fart guy, with a brilliant education and line of chat, that knows how to suck the system by holding his audience spellbound, talking non-technical rubbishy MV stuff.:D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
:thumbs:

·
0 Posts
There's a lot of self centred twunts out there that need their privelage removing :evil:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So what is he? A rich, lanky, going bald, smart as a fart guy, with a brilliant education and line of chat, that knows how to suck the system by holding his audience spellbound, talking non-technical rubbishy MV stuff.:D
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I think he somehow fell into his position (like many) and has been able to keep it because of the audience. It wasn't meant in the beginning, and it's TV who's keeping him at it (and his bank account) Making programmes aimed at your average 8 year old.
A real pity really, for TV that is. But you don't have to watch.
Ever since TV has gone digital here (if thats what you call it) I have one but don't watch anymore. They seem to think we are all average age 8. I begin to think it's the average mental age of the programmers and presenters since they are the ones who served it up in the first place. Saddest thing is, it seems to work and they can reap advertising money more and more......its a vicious circle.
I'm only keeping the line for tinternet coz its still cheaper and alot faster than by the phone line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts