Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I bought an Alfa Romeo 156 2001 two months ago, unfortunately i dont have the manual and there are a lot of things i do not understand, here is a list of a few:

- A little red light in front of the central air vents, it light up the other for about 5 seconds.
- A strange round keyhole and plug below the steering wheel to the left behind a plastic cover
- Yesterday i was driving and suddenly it started a beep sound every certain amount of time
- the sound when the selespeed transmission shifts the gears is a little loud on the 2nd a little low sound on the 3rd and then i barely hear it in the fourth and 5th.

please can somebody help me with these doubts? and also if somebody can get me a copy of the manual in PDF or other format I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi mocano40, i couldn`t find a hardcover manual anywhere either,BUT,if you can get on e-bay,there is a guy on there who sells complete workshop manuals on cd format,you upload it onto your computer and away you go,not expensive at all,£4-50 in pounds sterling,shouldn`t be to much to post to you,it`s inside a sleeve cover not in a box,found mine very useful,i have 156 t-spark.type in alfa romeo workshop cd,into e-bay.GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A little red light in front of the central air vents, it light up the other for about 5 seconds.
Sounds like the alarm system light, does it light up when you turn the ignition on? If it goes out after a few seconds then everything is fine.

- A strange round keyhole and plug below the steering wheel to the left behind a plastic cover
Don't have my manual to hand, but it sounds like the place to temporarily disable the alarm system, I'll have to double-check though.

DEFINITELY buy a manual though, they're SO helpful with some of the "odd" Alfa features :lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
yep

1 - is the alarm light, when the button on the remote is pressed, and the led on the key flashes one briefly, and the led on the dashboard, stays on, after switching off, the battery in the key needs to be replaced:thumbs:
2 - pass
3 - beep could be anything, the car should tell you though
4 - pass

·
Registered
591 Posts
A strange round keyhole and plug below the steering wheel to the left behind a plastic cover
Isnt that the alarm cutout on the european models........

You should have been given a key like thingy thats goes in there.I think you should been given a alarm code card as well......I may be wrong though...........Dam can you really trust the rabbits I mean really trust ?????????

·
Registered
591 Posts
Jon how did you get your sig in the middle being trying but failed

·
Registered
591 Posts
aaahhhhhhhhhh will do so now

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
For the transmission noise...... I would turn up the radio or select a loud CD.

I have found 'The Prodigy -Fat of the land' album particularly helpful when it comes to covering up a whole host of noises..... from squeeks and rattles to bumps and the wifes whining.

Glad to be of assistance. :thumbs:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I prefere invaders must die......:lol:

·
Registered
591 Posts
woohooo finally centered thanks jon

·
Registered
6,811 Posts