Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My mechanic tells me I need a new ignition switch for my GTV 2001 and he has removed the faulty one, a circular plastic unit.

I have checked the EPER site here

FIAT ePER :: The FIAT Forum

and I have found a part called "starter commutator" FA 41 part number 60668391.

I am hoping that I can order this from the EPER site. Would anyone know if this is the correct part that I need?

Unfortunately there is no photo or diagram to check.

Thank you for any assistance.

Cheers

Billibus

·
Registered
447 Posts
Billibus, that part number corresponds to the whole metal ignition switch with the red circle in the attachment.. the plastic ring is an antenna for the imobiliser part of the ignition I think circled in blue.. Unless i'v misread your question and you need both. I have attached the part numbers for the plastic ring as well.. hope that helps..

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi, you can’t order from the eper site, it dates from 2006 and is an unofficial copy hosted by the Fiat forum, not Fiat UK

Rich ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Billibus, that part number corresponds to the whole metal ignition switch with the red circle in the attachment.. the plastic ring is an antenna for the imobiliser part of the ignition I think circled in blue.. Unless i'v misread your question and you need both. I have attached the part numbers for the plastic ring as well.. hope that helps..

cheers
Hi Wictod

I am very grateful for your assistance and the two images.
I enclose an image of the part I am looking for. The image is for a 147 however, but looks very similar to mine (for a GTV 2001).
I think this electrical switch part connects to the metal ignition part that you circled in red.

Best Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Billibus,

It looks like that part you're after is integrated into the metal barrel piece.. See attached pic. I'm not sure if the other side of it where the key goes in is detachable.. Looks a difficult part to source and would probably only be available from a car that's been broken down.. Apparently there's a user on Facebook called called GTV City (I think) that has loads of bits for these, you could try him.. I don't know if there's another part you can fit and replace like the 147 / GT part in your picture. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Billibus,

It looks like that part you're after is integrated into the metal barrel piece.. See attached pic. I'm not sure if the other side of it where the key goes in is detachable.. Looks a difficult part to source and would probably only be available from a car that's been broken down.. Apparently there's a user on Facebook called called GTV City (I think) that has loads of bits for these, you could try him.. I don't know if there's another part you can fit and replace like the 147 / GT part in your picture. Cheers

Aha! Now I see what you mean, thanks for this I will do some more research!

Best Regards

Bill

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Apparently there's a user on Facebook called called GTV City (I think) that has loads of bits for these, you could try him.. I don't know if there's another part you can fit and replace like the 147 / GT part in your picture. Cheers
I’ve been using GTV City for a number of years now. They are very good for 2nd hand spares and ship worldwide. It’s run by an Alfa enthusiast (last count he had 2 Cups, 2 V6s and a Twinnie) who is very knowledgeable and helpful. Search on Facebook for either GTV City or Giuseppe Bussone and you should find him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve been using GTV City for a number of years now. They are very good for 2nd hand spares and ship worldwide. It’s run by an Alfa enthusiast (last count he had 2 Cups, 2 V6s and a Twinnie) who is very knowledgeable and helpful. Search on Facebook for either GTV City or Giuseppe Bussone and you should find him.
Thanks for your help and advice guys.
I found Guiseppe on GTV City and he had the part I needed, so I am looking forward to receiving it.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts