Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m looking for an ignition positive fuse or even a timed one for dashcam piggyback fuse kit. Not wanting to solder into lights.
Have tried F31 ‘various devices’ but this turns off with start/stop, only seems to be engine positive.
Now trying F32 ‘interior lights’ to see if it will turn on with unlock and off after locking + timing, but after half an hour its still on.
Maybe will try F34 ‘rear electric window right side’.
Any others people used with success?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi

I’m looking for an ignition positive fuse or even a timed one for dashcam piggyback fuse kit. Not wanting to solder into lights.

Have tried F31 ‘various devices’ but this turns off with start/stop, only seems to be engine positive.

Now trying F32 ‘interior lights’ to see if it will turn on with unlock and off after locking + timing, but after half an hour its still on.

Maybe will try F34 ‘rear electric window right side’.

Any others people used with success?

I’ve hard wired mine via the fuse box. Will check which fuse I used when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Piggy back fuse holders seem to be the preferred method these days, solution depends on what voltage you need, does your dashcam run at 5 volts or 12 volts DC. Most will come with a 12V to 5V DC converter, so if you dont have the converter you are limited to the cars USB ports and as you probably know the cigarette lighter socket goes off with the ignition. Otherwise you may need to get an OEM cable like I have on my Kenwood camera in the Guilietta and go into the fusebox.

Some dash cams have park mode, so will need a permanent and a switched feed, usually the yellow and red wires on your radio power plug/supply might be worth pulling the radio out and seeing if you can get onto that Bear in mind they are a 12V feed!.

I'm currently using the USB port in my Guilia but that does funny stuff when getting in and out of the car. Eventually after locking the car it does finally go off, but I get lots of short videos of my drive and fence.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kosymodo. How does that behave - permanent live or ignition live?
I want an ignition live really. My cam has no interface you have to do everything via the app, including turning on parking mode, so I’d maybe rather it just turned itself on and off. Neat thing though, from amazon BlueSkySea B1W.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Kosymodo. How does that behave - permanent live or ignition live?

I want an ignition live really. My cam has no interface you have to do everything via the app, including turning on parking mode, so I’d maybe rather it just turned itself on and off. Neat thing though, from amazon BlueSkySea B1W.

Ignition live Works well with my Nextbase!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well sorted into F37 as Kosymodo’s advice, thanks. This turns on with ignition circuit (MAR), stays on during start/stop and turns off with engine, doesn’t then remain on even if ignition circuit stays on.

F31 - live only with engine running
F32 - permanent live, except seemed to turn off when unlocking
F34 - permanent live, again seemed to turn off when unlocking
F37 - on with ignition circuit MAR, off with engine off.

Weird, but F37 good enough for me. :party:

Reactions: kosymodo

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok, well sorted into F37 as Kosymodo’s advice, thanks. This turns on with ignition circuit (MAR), stays on during start/stop and turns off with engine, doesn’t then remain on even if ignition circuit stays on.

F31 - live only with engine running

F32 - permanent live, except seemed to turn off when unlocking

F34 - permanent live, again seemed to turn off when unlocking

F37 - on with ignition circuit MAR, off with engine off.

Weird, but F37 good enough for me. :party:

Great news!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts