Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just found out what my ignition key and immobiliser numbers are, but I suspect there useless for my chances of getting the key fobs to talk to the car again.........Aaarrrhhhhh.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just been trying to find this out and was told by the dealership (Reg Vardy) that only the radio and immobiliser CODE numbers are available, not the alarm code. This was for pre 2000 cars, post 2000 they were available. The prices I was quoted was about £50 for a new roof receiver and about the same for each new key. I tried to speak to National Vehicle Security Register and they put me back to AR. How did you manage to get your key alarm codes???

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard, the ignition key number is not the same thing as the 4 digit code needed for reprogramming the keys into the roof receiver, hence my frustration as i don't have the 4 digit code to get the central locking working from my fob again. I think it's just a number that will allow another key to be cut if you end up loosing both your keys. The immoberliser number will allow you to carry out the imergency start up of your car if the thing ***** up. I obtained the codes from Mangoletsi in Knutsford who were helpful to me as oppose to other dealers who didn't want to know. Are you having the same trouble as me, ie key fobs stopped working the central locking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts