Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a real problem, stored my car for the winter drove it around the block no prblems there but now the key wont even turn the ignition key steering lock now on, does any one have an idea what the problem may be have to take it for MOT next week, or will I have to replace the Ignition lock? can anyone advise me as I want to be at the ALFA day that is coming up soon.

Alfa 3.2 spider 2003 in Red:mad:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Have you tried to hold a slight turn of the wheel as you turn the key?
Yes, and perhaps really try to move the wheel side to side as you try to turn the key.

·
Registered
578 Posts
it happened to me once, i have '97 gtv, the service guy took out the ignition barrel out and put it right back in and the problem solved.. he couldnt understand what the problem was.. he said that it works with some kind of magnets, and they may be problem for a while... hope you can solve it as quickly and easily as i did...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ignition Problems

I have spoken to a vechile locks smith who is coming down to break the lock remove the barrel and start again it will proberly need a new lock carrier which is £105.26 + vat and 2 hours labour to refit, however the upside is I can keep all of my original ocks and not spend hundreds and hundreds of £££££ to get the car back on the road, thanks for your email it cheeried me up no end.
Wheels:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts