Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Has he been paroled recently?

Yeah, I agree, only been called up once and quite enjoyed the lunch breaks at the Back of the Crown Court, sitting by the river.:):

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I used to be exempt but not anymore:(

Now I say I'm on freaky drugs & need a special seat so cannot concentrate or be relied upon;)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've always wanted to do jury service and sit in the box dressed in a Gorilla suit :lol:

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was called once but wasn't selected. It did worry me that one of the potential jurors didn't know how to switch his mobile off and had to get a court orderly to do it for him and another just didn't bother, only to have it ring during the jury selection proceedings. And they let these people decide whether someone's innocent or guilty:rolleyes: .

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
I've never thought about counting the wrinkles on a dogs nuts.... Are they wrinkley?
I've been taking an interest in my dogs balls recently (bear with me...) because we have his sister too, and we definitely don't want them getting up to any mischief together.
they have developed to the point where we're getting them whipped off on Monday, and I can report that they are not wrinkly so far.

As for jurors - I can echo that several of the people involved when I was on jury duty didn't seem all that suitable. From the man who was happy to vote guilty because the defnedant 'looked a run 'un', to the woman who refused to find guilty because as far as she was concerned, the only way it could be proved beyond any reasonable doubt was if she had witnessed the attack herself.
Oh, and the people who tried to convince her to vote guilty anyway because 'all the rest of us are, so eventually the judge will accept a majority verdict anyway - you're just making us have to stay here for longer' :eek:
Oh (again) and the jury spokesman who told the judge we'd reached a unanimous decision when we hadn't.
Winston Churchill said that the best argument against a democracy was to spend 5 minutes with the average voter. I think a similar thing could be said about the jury system!

R

·
0 Posts
As for jurors - I can echo that several of the people involved when I was on jury duty didn't seem all that suitable. From the man who was happy to vote guilty because the defnedant 'looked a run 'un', to the woman who refused to find guilty because as far as she was concerned, the only way it could be proved beyond any reasonable doubt was if she had witnessed the attack herself.
Oh, and the people who tried to convince her to vote guilty anyway because 'all the rest of us are, so eventually the judge will accept a majority verdict anyway - you're just making us have to stay here for longer' :eek:
Oh (again) and the jury spokesman who told the judge we'd reached a unanimous decision when we hadn't.
Winston Churchill said that the best argument against a democracy was to spend 5 minutes with the average voter. I think a similar thing could be said about the jury system!
It opened my eyes a bit when i served on one :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts