Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....DONT READ IT AND THEN MOAN ABOUT THE SUBJECT, WHINGING MOAN BAGS.

the title kind of gives a hint about the subject, engage brain then think 'does this interest me?'
if answer yes, feel free to post reply

if answer no, then go to next thread. not reply anyway and whinge about 'not another XXXX thread'

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Talking about moaning...How's yer back?. better :)....Couldnae huv been a slipped disc then:cheese:
Thats when you really moan....Is this oan topic?

Pomeo

R

·
0 Posts
the title kind of gives a hint about the subject, engage brain then think 'does this interest me?'
if answer yes, feel free to post reply

if answer no, then go to next thread. not reply anyway and whinge about 'not another XXXX thread'
Got to agree with you Jabba. If you have, for example, over 10K posts you probably will be a bit bored with yet more oil/mpg etc threads. But some are new here and are enjoying these topics for the first time. The search function can be a bit frustrating and besides, some people want to post as well as read. Let newcomers enjoy themselves as well!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Having acquired a rather unfortunate nickname, I have decided not to post a reply to this thread. Oooops! :)

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Similarly irritating is when someone posts a joke and some others feel duty bound
to tell everyone they have read it before. So what :tut: Not everyone has :rolleyes:

This must be very off putting to the originator, especially if he/she is relatively new
to the forum. We pride ourselves on being a friendly forum but sometimes some people
can be very crass :rolleyes: :(

·
Super Moderator
85,949 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
I generally adopt the approach you suggest. The only caveat is that, if I considered something to be seriously offensive (racist, homophobic, saying nice things about United etc0, I would probably comment.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I generally adopt the approach you suggest. The only caveat is that, if I considered something to be seriously offensive (racist, homophobic, saying nice things about United etc0, I would probably comment.
Newcastle United :confused:

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Similarly irritating is when someone posts a joke and some others feel duty bound
to tell everyone they have read it before. So what :tut: Not everyone has :rolleyes:

This must be very off putting to the originator, especially if he/she is relatively new
to the forum. We pride ourselves on being a friendly forum but sometimes some people
I'm sure I've seen someone post that opinion before Gibbo. :p ;)

·
Registered
37,521 Posts

What about when they search the forum and helpfully post a link to the original post! :thumbs:

errr :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
If the joke was posted a few hours earlier or perhaps within a few days then a link
to the first post can actually be quite funny if it is done the right way. It can turn
a thread with a mediocre joke into quite an amusing one :)

But when the link goes back to a thread posted a couple of months or even years ago
it seems to have a great deal of smugness attached and seems more than a little trite
itself :(

Now I'm sure someone will waste a chunk of their life now and find an example of me
having done such a thing in the past :lol: And I'm not sure if that would be a comment
on me or them :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts