Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What on earth are we supposed to think about whatever follows these words? I'm too busy questioning if the person is admitting they're unsure of their own honesty, to be frank.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am a compulsive liar so only when i type tbh am i actually telling the truth...hang on what about imho:thumbup:

Then theres tbf (who is Frank)

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
It's probably a quirk of the wonderful syntax that is the English language but to me, the use of the word "if" also implies that the speaker might have a predisposition for being more dishonest than honest...

·
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
547 Posts
I love the hierarchy of words that politicians use to describe their achievements...

"A complete success" means we might just get away with it
"A partial success" means a failure
"A limited success" means a disaster
"A learning opportunity" means a career-limiting disaster
"A regrettable sequence of events" means an act of such unspeakable dishonesty, that it requires immediate resignation in order to avoid being sacked

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
With the greatest of respect, I think we've heard this before, or will, in the fullness of time.

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the end of the day we all repeat ourselves sometimes and say things again too.

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
I love the hierarchy of words that politicians use to describe their achievements...

"A complete success" means we might just get away with it
"A partial success" means a failure
"A limited success" means a disaster
"A learning opportunity" means a career-limiting disaster
"A regrettable sequence of events" means an act of such unspeakable dishonesty, that it requires immediate resignation in order to avoid being sacked
"We have learned a valuable lesson" - we were totally wrong, irresponsible, culpable and should be prosecuted - but have decided just to draw a line under it and never mention it again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts