Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happend to me twice, when i started hard, so that there is wheel spin and engine want's to break loose from the mounts :D car just cuts off acceleration pedal, and it doesn't respond at all. Then i turn her off and back on and everything is fine :confused:
Once that happend at 70mph when i accelerated hard, i just turn her off on while rolling and drive like nothing happend, hmmm any clue?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Rev limiter?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Exactly the same happened to me...except when I turned the key off I was also going round a corner at 70...opps I forgot about the steering lock:eek:

Mine wouldn't restart and after getting towed to the garage has been diagnosed as having as faulty crankshaft sensor. I'm guessing yours is a sensor problem either cam, MAF or crankshaft...

·
Registered
126 Posts
yours is a girl? mine most definatelys a boy!!

Mine used to do something similar to yours for about 6 months, especially during winter....The rescue mechanic said something about the cam sensor getting its knickers in a twist making the ECU put the car in "limp home mode" whilst the ECU gets its head straight....yup mines been broken down so many times, and so expensive to fix....but I've still not needed to put a stereo in it as the engines soundtrack is so good (plus too noisy for a stereo)....loving it too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts