·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
20,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one:

https://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda3-hatchback/

There's a couple I see locally.

I'm thinking: that looks quite smart, probably relubabubble, seems to be well equipped. Anyone driven one? Is this a nice car that no one knows about; a sort of tier two car that should be a tier one?

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Mazdas are definitely up there. (I prefer the Fastback version of the 3.)

Have had 3 of them. (Two 323s and the MX-3.) Top of my list if I was gong for a normal reliable car.

I looked at the CX-3 (Which is actually a 2) but it was too small.

Go for it!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
404 Posts
My neighbour purchased a new one two years ago in a dark metallic blue with a sand interior and when clean it looks stunning. It replaced an 04 plate blue one that he had had from new.

·
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
571 Posts
I've never driven one, but a very good friend bought a Mazda 3 turbodiesel new.

He was pleased with it until (soon after the warranty ran out) the turbo bearings failed and the engine screamed up to maximum revs, kept going even when the engine was switched off, and a minute later the engine self-destructed in a huge cloud of smoke at the side of the A14 dual carriageway - in much

Too expensive to repair economically, so he sold it to a motor mechanic for £200...

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
20,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...emotional bond! :lol:

Do you sign a prenuptial? ;)
I'm probably being thick (no more than usual :)) but i don't get it.

·
Registered
40,632 Posts
The Mazda 3 is probably a very good car, but it is an anonymous and bland car that no body will ever take much notice of on the road.

Non car enthusiasts will love it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have considered the Mazda 3 and 6 as replacement vehicles, my son drives a 6 sport, a bit understated but a nice drive. I think the “3” is quite a nice looking thing.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I'm probably being thick (no more than usual :)) but i don't get it.
I'm guessing wrong thread/lounge?

:confused:
It’s the text used by Mazda in the advert you posted. :)

“At Mazda we believe in creating an emotional bond between car and driver, like that of horse and rider. This results in a more dynamic, responsive and—most of all—more enjoyable drive”

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
20,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OP? OP? I'm a bit more than a fecking 'OP', Starkers! :)

(just teasing, boss ;-) )

But I see quite some few of these cars on the road, and they are (in my eyes) Giulietta pretty, probably Golf-able and Japanese reliable.

Used ones are circa 13k, and my gut feel is money of that sort on a middling hatch will be worth buttons five years from now. Hmmm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts