Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...are unsuitable for recycling and therefore, cannot be put in the paper recycling bag, then why the hell do they still make them!?

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
...are unsuitable for recycling and therefore, cannot be put in the paper recycling bag, then why the hell do they still make them!?
A good point indeed :thumbs:

Brown envelopes have always been synonymous with bills in the past, so seeing as I pay
all my outgoings via online banking, direct debit etc..
I was a little perturbed receiving one t'other day with my details in the window and nearly
binned it.

Turned out it was from my doctors surgery offering me the flu jab :rolleyes:
Nearly had an heart attack opening it ffs :eek:

****s

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
What about cardboard? They have stopped collecting any cardboard for recycling in Shropshire because the inks used to print on boxes contain sufficient toxins that they cannot be used for compost, it breaches newly introduced British Standard 'whatever' for crap quality control.

K

·
0 Posts
Recycling paper seems a bit futile anyway to me. It bio-degrades easily, and we can always plant more trees. Why try and recycle something more difficult. For instance you could recycle piddle and turn it into lager. You could even call it Budweiser but I think someone has already done that.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Recycling paper seems a bit futile anyway to me. It bio-degrades easily, and we can always plant more trees. Why try and recycle something more difficult. For instance you could recycle piddle and turn it into lager. You could even call it Budweiser but I think someone has already done that.
Truedat,(sorry- watching The Wire) but careful not to confuse the USA piddle brew with the original Czech Budweiser nectar

K

·
0 Posts
Can't you just tear the plastic window out and put the rest in the recycling bin?
That's what I thought :)
Yes but you would have to be pretty damed sure you got all of the window or else something terrible might happen. Similarly, what would happen if you got all of the window out but had some bits of paper still attached?

I'll tell youwhat would happen. Bloody anarchy!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't you just tear the plastic window out and put the rest in the recycling bin?
The white envelopes also have windows - this is a general order, via those whom collect our taxes, that no brown paper, A4 brown envelopes etc must be placed in the 'PAPER' recycling bag.

Its paper FFS

:confused:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Burn them, it's carbon neutral ! :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
What about cardboard? They have stopped collecting any cardboard for recycling in Shropshire because the inks used to print on boxes contain sufficient toxins that they cannot be used for compost, it breaches newly introduced British Standard 'whatever' for crap quality control.
High Peak has had to stop collecting cardboard in the green (compost) bins for the same reason, but it can now be put in with paper for recycling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts