Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'd shoot it.

I'm not laughing, either. They (Fiat) should do the right thing and sell it or close it. I doubt Marchionne wants to go down in history as the man who killed Alfa Romeo, but somebody needs to do something decisive, and sooner rather than later.
I just can't bear the frustration of watching it stumbling aimlessly around like some kind of wounded animal.
And before the fanboys try to incinerate me for being an "Alfa Hater", can I say that is certainly not the case; I have a great deal of affection for the marque. I have owned many Alfas over the years, as well as working on them every day, which is something I certainly wouldn't be doing if I didn't like them.
Fiat have had their chance; 25 years years of ownership and the company is still a loss-making basket case.
If it dies, I think the epitaph should read: "Here lies Alfa Romeo, the greatest missed opportunity in automotive history".

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Alfa Romeo are doing nothing more than they have always done... brilliance peppered with unforgivable errors.

Shooting it is a bit harsh though. Most of us love our cars little foibles and would probably not spend as much time on this forum exchanging nonsense if our Alfa's performed with the chilling efficiency of BMWs or Audi's.

No, Fiat should nurse Alfa Romeo along, and keep it the left field choice for those of us that like to do life the hard way.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alfa is in a bad way. Just look at the sales figures.
I do not think that Fiat have the money, time, or more importantly the will, to save it. They have bigger problems (the Chrysler alliance) to deal with right now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
why are there so many negative posts like this one lately?

Yes, alfas are not selling well, but they never really have have they? besides, if they sold loads and the roads were filled with them like fords and beemers they wouldn't be as cool as they are

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
...I'd shoot it.

I'm not laughing, either. They (Fiat) should do the right thing and sell it or close it. I doubt Marchionne wants to go down in history as the man who killed Alfa Romeo, but somebody needs to do something decisive, and sooner rather than later.
I just can't bear the frustration of watching it stumbling aimlessly around like some kind of wounded animal.
And before the fanboys try to incinerate me for being an "Alfa Hater", can I say that is certainly not the case; I have a great deal of affection for the marque. I have owned many Alfas over the years, as well as working on them every day, which is something I certainly wouldn't be doing if I didn't like them.
Fiat have had their chance; 25 years years of ownership and the company is still a loss-making basket case.
If it dies, I think the epitaph should read: "Here lies Alfa Romeo, the greatest missed opportunity in automotive history".
Did you not get this out of your system a week ago in the Alfa Sales Thread? :confused:

·
Registered
886 Posts
If Alfa was a horse it would be a smart sporty pantomime horse with a Fiat donkey inside
This is all getting a bit Zen now, how about "if Alfa was a meal it would be being served a bowl of gazpacho soup with a suspiciously curly hair in it, whilst the waiter looks at your with a troubling grin"

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,714 Posts
a mad thought occurred to me today; what if the Italian state bought it back again from Fiat?

I'd love the see the pros and cons list of this option :)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,714 Posts
I'm not sure the internet has enough space for the cons list of that idea.
:lol:

but they gave us the Sud, Spider, Alfetta, GTV6, 164, SZ...

Yeah. It probably is a bad idea :eek: :)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
how can it be loss making???? they must make trillions of euros in spares!!!!!!:cheese:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
AO should take over the running of Alfa :D
That wouldn't be a great idea. The entry level car would be a FWD 3.8 supercharged Busso V6 with Q2, alongside a Brera that is sporty to please to people who don't understand why it's not sporty and there would be a 4.7L Ferrari/Maserati powered V8 169 just for the hell of it. The Mito would be unchanged bar the scuttle panel and the GTA will be crazy. We definitly won't make any profit.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
That wouldn't be a great idea. The entry level car would be a FWD 3.8 supercharged Busso V6 with Q2, alongside a Brera that is sporty to please to people who don't understand why it's not sporty and there would be a 4.7L Ferrari/Maserati powered V8 169 just for the hell of it. The Mito would be unchanged bar the scuttle panel and the GTA will be crazy. We definitly won't make any profit.
all for less money than a Ford Fiesta:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts