Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:have replaced MAF with correct Bosch unit in my phase 2 Spider.

car now runs without cutting out, injector light is now off and there are no error problems showing on FiatECUScan free software.

The problem now is that the car idles at 2000 revs from start-up.

have cleaned throttle body and checked for air leaks all is O/K.

does anybody know if the registered copy of FiatECUScan would enable me to adjust the idle speed or would It be better to let an Alfa dealer fix this problem.

i'm hoping it won't need a new throttle actuator, finances put aside to get this baby on the road are rapidly running out.

any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I got hold of a second hand idle control valve, it took me about 10 minutes to fit. I did an ECU reset and all has been fine since.

cost: £35

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have tried resetting without any success, when I start the car it immediately idles and stays at 2000rpm.

will try to find a usable idle stepper motor unit and go from there.

if anyone has a spare unit for a phase 2 i'd be grateful to hear from you

thanks for replies

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a GTV V6 -2001 with the same problem. Idling it 2000rpm but not always. The garage has changed a lot and now we believe it is the accelerator potentiometer that is the problem. I have seen other threads here mentioning similar problems. Sometimes it is fixed by disconneting and cleaning the white connector. Did not help me so I am looking for a replacement potentiometer but they are expensive in Sweden. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one in the UK and the price of course.
prod.code is 46800065

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a GTV V6 -2001 with the same problem. Idling it 2000rpm but not always. The garage has changed a lot and now we believe it is the accelerator potentiometer that is the problem. I have seen other threads here mentioning similar problems. Sometimes it is fixed by disconneting and cleaning the white connector. Did not help me so I am looking for a replacement potentiometer but they are expensive in Sweden. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one in the UK and the price of course.
prod.code is 46800065
Give Autolusso a call, I'm sure they could help you out

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Downloaded a copy of the registered fiatecuscan which enabled me to reset the idle actuator, tickover is now about 800rpm and very even.

Also showed that the slow fan was not working, fixed this by buying a new resistor from AlfaAid in Maidenhead.

I have also got rid of the airbag warning light which was caused by the connector on top of the pretensioner coming adrift.

I recommend this software it has definitely saved me loads of dosh, the cost is about £42 and hopefully fingers crossed, it will help me keep the spider running sweetly and error free for some time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Alex

It' a Twinspark, just hope it keeps sparking properly so I can get some enjoyable motoring out of it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
trumper i had the same problem with my V6.. i replaced the MAF after it failed and the fuel management light went off but it still idled at 2500-+ rpm..

have you thought of checking the connecting block on the potentiometer cable that runs throught the passenger footwell?

if you need help locating it pls contact me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts