Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the possibilities for a change of idle RPM for 147 1.9 JTD 8v?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have done this as a joke to a friend of mine...but there is not point of doing it otherwise...

what do you want to achieve?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes - keyword is vibrations... Some tuner company suggest higher idle rpm as way in fight against idle vibrations.
On 850rpm (my idle speed) I have a lot vibrations, but with approx. 900rpm vibrations are lower. Is there any reason against the increasing of idle RPM?
Can we change the idle RPM with the "Examiner" or another software tool?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I doubt that it can be done with examiner... I think the remap is only way to go.
But afaik it is not all in the speed of the engine. Maybe a fix in timing or the pattern of injected fuel... fuel pressure?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My remap configuration is based on:
a) higher turbo pressure,
b) higher rail pressure and
c) higher amount of injected diesel...
Maybe b) causes idle vibration?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
As far as I know, all these three things that you mentioned are only changed at "high engine load". I doubt that your tuner changed idle or "partial load" behaviour of the engine.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't agree more...

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Yes - keyword is vibrations... Some tuner company suggest higher idle rpm as way in fight against idle vibrations.
On 850rpm (my idle speed) I have a lot vibrations, but with approx. 900rpm vibrations are lower. Is there any reason against the increasing of idle RPM?
Can we change the idle RPM with the "Examiner" or another software tool?
True. My 147 also idles at 900 rpm, as part of the tuning at Squadra.
It gives a smoother run and also better pickup when you lift the clutch without using the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am very interested about this second issue - car start without press of the accelerator pedal is smoother at 900RPM idle? Only 50RPM idle difference (between factory idle and Squadra idle) make the difference in car start or slow parking?

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
I am very interested about this second issue - car start without press of the accelerator pedal is smoother at 900RPM idle? Only 50RPM idle difference (between factory idle and Squadra idle) make the difference in car start or slow parking?
Before and after the tuning, I encountered a large difference in this situation. Before I've had several engine shutdowns when lifting to quickly with no or too little throttle.
Now it's really unneccesary to use the throttle when leaving a parking place.
It is possible that the lowered EGR rate that is part of the tuning also has influence.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good news JS JTD - I try to arrange idle rpm increasing with my tuner... 900 is OK? BTW, I closed my EGR long time ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts