Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people i posted a thread 2 week ago about my idle speed and reving on its own, well cut a long story short i checked my oil last night..
decided toc if the idle control valve still worked, pluged it in and hey presto its back to normal idle speed ???
155's have ghosts in them i'm sure of it :eek:

G

·
This down to our Mr Wrinx the Jinx, we have all been experiencing problems with our 155's recently. :(

You must have been nice to him. :eek: :eek:

Or his magic is wearing off.:) :)

G

·
Penfold, just to scare you......
....my car was doing the same. It's sorted itself and has behaved for about 5 days now. Just the occasional flutter like it's thinking about doing it again :eek:
A couple of people I've spoken to on this forum and outside have hinted towards the fuel pressure regulator for my particular fault. Just something to think about if it keeps re-occuring.

Sorry, hope I'm just scare mongering...........

G

·
I was £60 for an FSE adjustable one.
It still hasn't arrived after a week and my car was really fooling around this evening. Nearly cutting out and everything. When I got home I could smell the petrol odour from the car idling too rich.

I'm sure my regulator is stuck at near maximum pressure.

I've just got 360 miles out of a tank of petrol doing my usual abuse of the car :rolleyes: I normally get about 290 - 300 :confused:
If only it would idle properly and not struggle above 5500rpm I'd be laughing..................

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah sometimes, but what its doin at the mo keeps cutting out, like stalling then carries on ??? all in the space of a few seconds ? :confused:
just been to my friends fiat garage and found so many little problems !
hole in exhaust, brake pipes mangled etc etc, mot run out on fri :rant: :cheese:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.