Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people
i have a 2.0 16v 155 and about 3 weeks ago i pulled up at some lights and the car started to rev upto 1500-3000 ?
i unpluged the idle control valve and it settled at about 1500.
on sat got new idle control valve thinking it was kaput but after installation it did the same as before 1500-3000 rpm ?
myself and the mechanic are clueless to what it could be
any suggestions ???
:mad: :confused: :rant:

W

·
0 Posts
I've had lambda problems which gave these symptoms...but the usual response would be idle actuator, guess you've covered that tho :confused:

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
This is the same problem that i have had on this 1.8 16v and i have also unpluged the idle control valve and it settled also about 1500.
Also done the idle actuator with no luck.
As you all know i have loads of spares and i'll keep going till i find the sod but i hope i find it soon as i am looking to sell this one before the end of June so you might see it at one of the shows forsale.
Oh yes and welcome also Penfold. :rolleyes:

Ted

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Penfold ............It might just be a bad connection on the Lambda Fuse(Chris yer slipping)or poss one of the temperature sensor connections

Also check the earths and the wiring anywhere where it might look as though it could rub or pull leading to a broken of chafed wire giving the intermittant fault

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have put a new lamba sensor and water temp sensor?
the temp sensor is sealed with ptfe tape do u think it could be this?
cheers people for the welcome, i think this weekend i'll search long and hard
ive only had the car about 4 months and nothing but trouble with it but it is such a mint car! :D

J

·
0 Posts
sounds like it could be an air leak.Get some WD40 and spray it all around the inlet manifold,if the revs change then you have an air leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts