Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Torx sockets ... can't remember what the size is ... I bought a set of 7 or 8 from Halfords.

I try not to touch the throttle cable and simply undo the body and turn 90degrees. Take off the old actuator, fit the new holding the butterfly closed. That way the gearing it turned to the right starting position. Reconnect the loom, replace the throttle body and air intakes. RESET THE THROTTLE ... then try starting and leaving to idle. In the worst case, you may have to reset the idle actuator with Alfadiag, or similar.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i'd recommend removing the throttle bady & working on this on a work bench.

Torx required for t/b & idle removal.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Not really necessary ... depends how easy you can work with one hand. Left hand holds body while right hand undo torx screws and removes actuator ... can be done.

reverse if you are a muppet ... all muppets being left-handed ... did you not know! ;)

The reason I try not to remove the cable is that moves the butterfly. Moving that with the actuator in place is porbably what throws it out of sync and then you start getting idle problems. I've used this method a couple of times now, and it's been fine afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts