Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so iv got my egr blank plate, the one with the hole in the middle to stop any lights coming up on the dash, but where exactly do I put it as theres lots of places the same shape lol

Its the 2003 1.9 jtd 8v engine

·
Registered
981 Posts
I fitted a plate with one hole which gummed up within a week leading to a MCSF error. There is a plate with 3 holes which apparently avoids this problem and a plate for the manifold end also.

Nick

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Ok so iv got my egr blank plate, the one with the hole in the middle to stop any lights coming up on the dash, but where exactly do I put it as theres lots of places the same shape lol

Its the 2003 1.9 jtd 8v engine
what shape is the plate? rectangular or diamond ...I think this will be needed for people to answer the question

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
On your 2003 8 valve you should be able to use a solid plate with no fault codes.
I had a solid plate on my 2003 8v 156 without any problems.

Where to put it.. on the 8 valve engine both the inlet and outlet are the same oval shape but I found it easier to fit it between the valve and manifold, from memory the valve is held to the manifold with 2 long 13mm headed bolts and the pipe that goes into the bottom of the valve is held by 2 6mm allen bolts that were very tight, you will have to loosen these to get enough movement on the valve to get the plate into place.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the little diamond shape, iv found out where to put it only because its already been blanked off haha! You couldnt see it as its just like a think gasket, the new plate I have is 4mm thick, iv left the blank on as it was pretty gunked up

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can i ask a question,i have the diamond shape blanking plate with the whole in the middle. I have got a 56 plate 1.9jtd. Is this plate okay to fit to my engine or do i need a different one?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Can i ask a question,i have the diamond shape blanking plate with the whole in the middle. I have got a 56 plate 1.9jtd. Is this plate okay to fit to my engine or do i need a different one?
same plate as mine, albeit without the hole. Yep ok to fit!

If after about 3 stop-starts of the engine, you get an engine light come on. Don't panic -it just means the hole needs to be a bit wider. I have no hole and my engine light comes on every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts