Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...goes to me. Bored and trying to get home after a hard days work at the PC on Friday I chose not to stop off for fuel on the way home to save time.

It looks alright, when I go round a left-hand bend the gauge moves a bit so I should be OK, even though the light is on all the time now.

Gets home.

Sets off shopping on Saturday and the bugger won't start. LOL, I must have been running on vapours the last mile or so on Friday eek!

Fortunately my lawnmower runs on unleaded so I had enough in the shed to get me to the garage. All very embarrasing :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope I haven't damaged or clogged anything, it seems to be running fine.

My advice. If you're going to run out of fuel, do it as you pull onto the driveway like I did :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Or just as your pulling onto the garage forecourt and can freewheel to the pump :rolleyes: :D

BW there should`nt be a problem if you run out as the tanks are plastic and there`s no muck or rust to suck up :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done that twice now, second time had to call out the g/f in her jammies and slippers to go down to the petrol station with the spare can.
I blame the stupid warning light that comes on halfway on the gauge. You get used to staring at it for a week and get lulled into a false sense of security!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Done that to - must have got to work on fumes. Went to leave work and - bugger all!! Doh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts