1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Had a look at some old threads / posts about these beautie's
As some of you know I've had problems with OVER fueling:confused:
Also I have a "surging" when keeping constant speed, at NAD I was kindly told this is probably the main jets being a bit small:thumbs: especially after cutting the air box up:cool:
Now I've at last "had a look" at the main jets and even took the top off and cleaned all the crap up:thumbs:
The thing I have found really confuses me IS
On the posts on here the jets are 142's on a standard IDF36
People seem to go for 145's:thumbs:
Mine are 155:wow: no bloody wonder she's rich (and she goes pretty dam well:cool:)
Thing is John at just suds sent me a rolling road report which states 135BHP, but no bills for any mods (except the sports suspension).
What does anyone suggest? is the "surging" due to over fueling OR is it the fact that I have weakend the CO off too much to aid the over fueling and it is now running too weak?
Shall I go down to 150's and just try that:lol:
Hope to hear from you soon
OUI

·
Registered
650 Posts
Oui its the idle jets that you need to be looking at! the main jets are only used on full throttle! i have just changed mine from 52 to 60, its sorted the surging and given it more mid range power! Mine are webber 40,s tho

·
Registered
725 Posts
I agree with woody. Try one size up on the idle jets. Also try one size DOWN on the air corrector jets.
One more thing to check is the accelerator pumps. When the diaphragms get old and the seats a bit dirty, petrol can drip out of the nozzles under constant running conditions. This is easy to check by looking into the tops of the carbs while holding the engine at a constant RPM around the 2500rpm level.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
small increases in the idle jets can make big differences I experienced.

I went from 52 to 55 and they were too rich (even with .33 jets), plugs were very black and idling screws were almost all the way in as opposed to 3.5 turns out I had on the 52's.

I found a supplier in Italy who makes all sizes in between.

Currently I have 53's but just recently cut open my air box and may need to go back to the 55's or even 54's.
Will be testing this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts