Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last 4 years since my new paint job my bumpers have taken a battering on the streets of Uruguay (all due to people who cannot parallel park properly!!):rant:

I have shiny black paint on them.

Maybe I can get them done in a different finish so as to not show up the scratches so much?

I've seen some models with the natural plastic matte finish.

Not sure what is under my paint.

Any suggestions/ideas? 100% rubber bumpers!:lol:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Last 4 years since my new paint job my bumpers have taken a battering on the streets of Uruguay (all due to people who cannot parallel park properly!!):rant:

I have shiny black paint on them.

Maybe I can get them done in a different finish so as to not show up the scratches so much?

I've seen some models with the natural plastic matte finish.

Not sure what is under my paint.

Any suggestions/ideas? 100% rubber bumpers!:lol:

Thanks
Don't know how strong a vinyl "rap" would be but I guess it would be less likley to be scratch as easy as the stupid water based paint:rant:
Got plans to do "carbon" around half of mine :cool:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know how strong a vinyl "rap" would be but I guess it would be less likley to be scratch as easy as the stupid water based paint:rant:
Got plans to do "carbon" around half of mine :cool:
something like this?

- Starvinyls Ltd Carbon Fibre Vinyl

I think the cut outs for the air intakes in front of the radiator would be near impossible to wrap some vinyl nicely in there. Good idea though.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
something like this?

- Starvinyls Ltd Carbon Fibre Vinyl

I think the cut outs for the air intakes in front of the radiator would be near impossible to wrap some vinyl nicely in there. Good idea though.
I don't know - apparently wing mirrors are the hardest to do and they can "shrink & stretch" it to do them now:rolleyes:
TBH he suds bumpers and wheel arch trims aren't that complexed :)
Take it to your local "agent" and ask the question:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know - apparently wing mirrors are the hardest to do and they can "shrink & stretch" it to do them now:rolleyes:
TBH he suds bumpers and wheel arch trims aren't that complexed :)
Take it to your local "agent" and ask the question:thumbs:
local agent - that's funny! :lol:

wish I had access to these kinds of products.
I have a hard enough time just trying to get my oil filter and oil every year.:cry:

Most spare parts (even small things) need to be flown in from Europe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you repaint go for 2pack enamel. It's the most durable automotive paint available and you "MUST" use a flex add agent to the primer and paint to prevent cracking.
The flex add agent ratio needs to be higher for the rubber rear spoilers.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you repaint go for 2pack enamel. It's the most durable automotive paint available and you "MUST" use a flex add agent to the primer and paint to prevent cracking.
The flex add agent ratio needs to be higher for the rubber rear spoilers.
Painted my bumpers with hammerite satin black thinned with celulose thinners and sprayed on top of etch primer seems to be holding fairly well done 3 yrs ago!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts