Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't be arsed trying to locate a ICS code for my unit so I wondered if I could just swap ICS over from my other 166? Both same year and same car 3.0 sporty. The one I am swapping to has the amp in the boot whereas the one I am putting in does not so will it make a difference? Cheers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You might be arsed giving info on the radio in the respective ICS units (which btw you didn't do in your previous post seeking assistance with ICS). Your cars may be the same year (also unknown) and engine but it doesn't follow that they've got the same radio. At some point in early 2000s, the original Becker BE2569 radio unit was changed to a BE2580. So far as I know, this didn't coincide with the facelift. If yours are one of each, I'd be a bit dubious about assuming you can do a straight swap, even assuming you've got a functioning code for the inbound item.

If the ICS unit you can't get going is a BE2569, then as pomeo advised, there was a guy Dimiter in Belarus with nick Zulus who was providing codes for allcomers (he did it for me and it works). But I see from that thread - the sticky at the top of the 164/166 page - that he hasn't been active since September last year. The fact that you got a 'correct' message with all four digits but still couldn't get it going suggests there's something else wrong with either the ICS unit or some other component in the car. My feeling would be to nail that down before bunging in a replacement, especially a unit sans the external amp.

But hey, maybe it'll work just fine :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
On the other hand, I removed an ICS from one of my 166s and the code was written on a sticker attached to the metal case - happy days!

Or would have been, had the offending unit not also had the blank screen problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in my post, I have read all through the ICS post and have taken out the ICS. Mine is the latter one 2580 and I also spoke to the idiots at the Alfa garage who only managed to program my key after advice from Cromwell on here and they were no use. I had a four digit number in the paperwork from Alfa I think with Isr on it but that didn't work so I am wondering if that was the satnav code and a six digit code written on the unit but four digits from that didn't work either. Both my cars are facelift 3.0 sportos in Nuvola blue but one is a time and I know both codes would not be the same but I have the code for the one I am swapping anyway so I just wondered if the ICS were compatible the to has a DSR amp. Is that clear enough info for advice? Cheers

·
Registered
175 Posts
... Both my cars are facelift 3.0 sportos in Nuvola blue but one is a time. ... Is that clear enough info for advice? Cheers
That bit's not, mate :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ICS swap update!

Managed to swap over ics - both faceplates had been bodged, one had been duck taped and one glued so obviously a weak point when removing. Had to reclip a data cable on one as when the face pinged off the cable pulled out. Put in ICS code for the one I had and I left the satnav unit in the car as I had a code for that so all working now apart from the fan. At least it turns on the ICS but fan appears knackered and it looks a pig of s job to get out. Are the s/h units easy to find as it might be easier than pulling one out of my other car? Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts