Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while driving my ICS screen went black and radio went silent, all other functions on the ICS unit work fine. I checked all the fuses including the one on the back of the radio and they were ok. Then I replace the entire front panel of the ICS unit, which includes a new screen, but that did not solve the problem. Help please, where do I go from here? Replace the entire ICS unit or give it to the alfa shop to fix? Its not a sure bet that if I replace to entire ICS unit that that will fix the problem, the problem could be somewhere else that only God knows.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, it can only be power, ground or an intrnal ICS fault, so all you can do is be logical. Get a copy of Elearn or at least the diagrams for the ICS, make absolutely sure you have checked all 4 of the possible fuses that feed the ICS, then check that the power gets to the correct pins on the ICS connectors in the loom. Also check the grounds are good. If they all check out then it suggests the ICS is faulty, so swap out the unit with the one you got the screen from perhaps? I'm sure you'll be able to find a replacment ICS, there are a few about. I have one and there are bound to be folk like Chris Cousins here who have some as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, it can only be power, ground or an intrnal ICS fault, so all you can do is be logical. Get a copy of Elearn or at least the diagrams for the ICS, make absolutely sure you have checked all 4 of the possible fuses that feed the ICS, then check that the power gets to the correct pins on the ICS connectors in the loom. Also check the grounds are good. If they all check out then it suggests the ICS is faulty, so swap out the unit with the one you got the screen from perhaps? I'm sure you'll be able to find a replacment ICS, there are a few about. I have one and there are bound to be folk like Chris Cousins here who have some as well.
Thanks for your input, I checked 2 fuses under the dash on the drivers and they were ok and the fuse on the back of the ICS unit and it was ok, where is the 4th fuse that you mentioned? The other advice you said I'm having a go at it, hope it solves the problem, if not I will replace the entire ICS unit.

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
Vazzy, One handbook says fuses at steering column Fuse 5 (10A) Fuse 6 (7.5A) Fuse 7 (20A) and Fuse 18 (5A).

Pomeo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vazzy, One handbook says fuses at steering column Fuse 5 (10A) Fuse 6 (7.5A) Fuse 7 (20A) and Fuse 18 (5A).

Pomeo
Thanks, regardless of how these fuses look I will just replace them anyway just to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts