Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right folks as I have now got the lost key situation sorted hopefully I need to reprogram the ICS but do not have a code though I did find a printout with a four digit radio code on it on the paperwork with the car. I put the digits in and each one said 'correct' but after the final number nothing happened. The mechanic reckons the radio code goes in after the ICS code but is he right or is it just one code? Aldo if I need the ics code will I find it on the sticker on the side of the unit? And finally since I bought the car none of the heating controls have worked it just says OFF' on the screen and pushing any buttons will not make it come on so any thoughts please? Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I believe there is only the one code for the ICS operation, which includes the radio. After you dialled in the 4 digits, did you then press the right-hand dial? As I recall from last time, that's a needed step...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I did press the right hand button to confirm but can't be 100? sure. I did read on other posts that people seem to think you need a code for the Siemens ICS then the radio code for the Becker radio so who knows eh! Cheers anyway.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I thought I did press the right hand button to confirm but can't be 100? sure. I did read on other posts that people seem to think you need a code for the Siemens ICS then the radio code for the Becker radio so who knows eh! Cheers anyway.
My understanding is that there is one code only.
The Becker can be worked out through a funky multiplier jobbie (see first sticky up top of this forum).
The Siemens code has to be sourced from a dealer or auto electrician AFAIK.
I hope that helps?

Reactions: Pomeo

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I found a letter with a radio code and a four digit code on it but that did not work! I might take the whole unit out of my other 166 and as I have two facelifts 3.0 sports both in nuvola blue use one for spares for the TI one. I did just notice the TI has a DSP amp in the boot so I will assume the ICS unit out of the other car will work with it? Also finally got my key coded to work with remote locking - donalds Peterborough used the excuse that it was unaware you could program one key so cheers to all on here especially Cromwell for advice!

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
For the 166 ICS there is only ONE code except :wink: well yeese Ken me UNLESS you have fac fitted satnav in witch case you should have two.

IF the becker no on the unit is 2569 serial no then Zulu etc on here with his algorithm code can get you it

IF its the 2580 or whatever you need to contact the website on the ics code thread as found by (Insert whats his name) as per his post#

Pomeo

Further butt Wie the age of these cars and bitties getting swapped aboot etc it can be a bit of a lottery no.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers pom, might just swap em over and use other 166 for spares - originally bought second one for spares but it was a TI and body in better nick than mine,! Doubt there's many with two nuvola sporties though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts