Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I`ve got Alfa 166 3.0 Super (2002). I bought it some days ago and i need to do the engine maintenance and other small things as soon as possible. Also i don`t know if it is having a good battery so i want to know the codes of ICS and NAV. It`s a pity, that the last owner didn`t give them for me. So, can anyone help me, how can I get into the menu where i can look them?

Best regards,
Paulius

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you yuran,

I have also visited these threads, but it is a problem that we discussed with Lexio and it looks like everything is much more complicated then it looks. Cause we have the same version of ICS, but Lexio can see the codes and other information while I can see only the info about software versions and no more menus.

Paulius

·
Registered
109 Posts
Paulius,

I see that you have Sat Nav installed, is this correct?

Maybe the Sat Nav software changes the way the menus/options work?

Yuran, do you also have Sat Nav installed?

On the screen you get, have you scrolled up using the right hand knob? On the VERSIONS screen which is the one you show (CLIMA+DARK) I am able to get hidden menus when I do this, although no of these give the radio code.

If you select go back what happens?

Lexio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello,

Yes, i have the navigation system installed. I did not try to do this without NAV because i also don`t have SAT NAV code... But if i don`t have any new ideas, i will be forced to disconnect SAT NAV (should i disconnect the box with NAV changer in the boot?) and try to check the code without it.

When i press GO BACK i`m back to the CLIMA window.

Also, i tried to do the same actions with the buttons on the steering wheel but the result is exact...

Also i have one more question. Lexio, what is the year of your Alfa?

Good luck :)
Paulius

p.s. i think it should be sat nav 3, cause it is working with the navigation cd which was published in 2001

Paulius,

I see that you have Sat Nav installed, is this correct?

Maybe the Sat Nav software changes the way the menus/options work?

Yuran, do you also have Sat Nav installed?

On the screen you get, have you scrolled up using the right hand knob? On the VERSIONS screen which is the one you show (CLIMA+DARK) I am able to get hidden menus when I do this, although no of these give the radio code.

If you select go back what happens?

Lexio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CrispDust,

Can you attach the fotos of your ICS version window in the forum? If not, maybe you can write down the version of ICS. As for me it is v5.51.

Paulius

I only get the software screen, nothing else is accesable.
'99, no sat nav

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today i also called the official dealers of FIAT and ALFA ROMEO in Lithuania. They said that the codes for Alfa 166, 2002 (SAT NAV + ICS) is 150 - 200 euros. The card should be delivered in three days after the order. Also I asked some more questions about what is going to be when the battery is flat and after recharging i won`t have the codes. So, they said, that the screen becomes black, but ventilators are still working and i can adjust them without screen.

Also, people in other threads discussed about the problems with the imobilizer after the disconnection of the battery. So, the guys from the official garage said that everything should be ok and no reprogramming for the imobilizer is needed after the disconnection of voltage.

This information is only the words, so if someone knows how it is exactly with Alfa 166 please post the situation and the year of the car.

Thank you,
Paulius

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, that's expensive!

I would NOT unplug the Sat Nav if you don't have the code. If you have been following the other thread on the same subject it appears that it is not that simple and that some people with Sat Nav can access the codes and hidden menus. That means if you unplug the Sat Nav you still may not get the codes and then you can't use your Sat Nav.

If you don't want to pay 200 Euro for the code (which is a rip off) then you should be able to get the radio code by getting the serial number from the back of the becker radio. This does mean taking your car to bits though. Once you have the serial number there are people on the internet who will get the radio code using software programmes. Some will do it for free, some charge about 10-20 Euro. Much cheaper than the 200 Euro your garage wants! They can't always get the Nav code though.

There is an article on the forum on how to remove the radio and get the code.

If you need to remove the battery there are kits that you can buy where you plug a small battery system on the the permanent live (like the cigarette lighter socket). That way the onboard systems stay live while you replace the battery/carry out work.

I can't remember what these kits are called (you could maybe make one), I will have a look tomorrow to see if there are any available.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts