Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody advise where I could get a ICU unit for a 166 checked and repaired in the London or SE area. Pericleese

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Stuart.
Thanks. My heater blower is not always working. I'm told by an Alfa workshop that often it's the ICS unit thats playing up. The cost of getting the heater blower out is about £ 200 labour costs plus the unit which is about £ 130. Perhaps I should get the ICS unit checked first. Do you know anybody that could test the ICS ?.
Thanks....

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
if you do a search on here it is far more likely the heater blower goes than the ICS, couple with that the ICS is only the display, the heater/aircon system has a separate ECU mounted below the ICS unit and that would be the part to check, a bit like saying 'my computer does not work and then swapping the screen over'. The ECU seems to be reliable as well whereas several have has motors swapped. Also worth checking the fuse, state of the wiring to the motor and the relay before pulling the whole thing to bits.

HTH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks’ guys for your replies. The heater blower works intermittently
Then stops completely. I may give Doug’s suggestion a go as I live not far from Rochester (Bexley) I will try and do some checks as per Purple’s suggestions. My local Alfa Dealer In Welling Quoted me over £1000 to take out the blower motor. I got a much cheaper
Quote from a Garage in Maidstone. However I shall try and pin point the fault before taking the car apart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts