Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I bought my Alfa two months ago, it has ICS which is connected with Navi, DSP, and CD Changer systems. From time to time after engine start radio was working but there was no sound in speakers. I could change CD, or switch for radio - everything was working but there wasn't sound. And mostly after 10-15 minutes sound has come back and everything was working in 100%.

Two days ago my ICS radio has died, there is no sound, also i can't change cd, or find any frequency. I can't get my cassette and CD's back! In radio menu DSP option has disappeared - now is SDV?!

I've checked all fuses, also fuse on the ICS back. Fuse near DSP is ok too. My battery is ok, for sure I've loaded it. After that the only change is on LCD - before replacing fuses and battery - I couldn't change for CD or CC, AM, FM too, there was nothing on screen, now there is nothing too, but now it show communicates "no CD" "no CC", radio is empty.

Please help!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope someone will be along with some advice. It might be time to take it to an auto electrician.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dealing with an ICS unit problem is like trying to find a needle in a hey stack. My ICS LCD display went dark on me and I replaced the screen which did not solve the problem, so now its time to replace the entire ICS unit thinking that will fix the problem, but it could just be a roll of the dice. Sorry to say but you will by chance have to do the same if you don't know exactly where the problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I found a problem.. I didn't thinked about that but - A few days ago I needed to go in my 166 with friends to Gdynia ~900 kilometers. My suspension needs to be repaired, but my Alfa was only choice. When we were going back to home after ~700km all back tires has lost air. It was destroyed because car was overloaded and they were clashing, nevermind. I know it was bad.

Today i saw this

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9808/WWZL5g.jpg

I think this is it

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/623/STGR7m.jpg

What do You think?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think that tyre needed changing before you headed off to Gdynia...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts