Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer selling me the 166 2 litre says he is having the ICS code reset by an Alfa main dealer, although the car is driveable. Is there anything I should look out for or any checks I should ask him to do to make sure everything is working perfectly?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just make sure you get the correct code before you hand over the money as it is not always possible to get the code from a dealer.

I had a similar situation but did not get the code. In the end I had to take out the ICS unit (not an easy job), get the Becker serial number from the ICS unit and send it to a web site who then gave me the code. Many incidences like this have been documented on the forum.

Once the ICS unit is showing normal info, i.e. not asking for a code, you will be ok.

Chris

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I think the code is missing - I doubt the ICS can be 'reset' to accept a new code.

Make sure everything works before you hand over the cheque - just in case faults are being covered up.

Will you get SatNav, CD changer, DSP etc ? definitely check they all work !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
been having trouble too ,i read that 4444 unlocks it so before the third unsuccesfull attempt to try the code alfa sent my mechanic i tried 4444 and was surprised it worked on my 166 v6 .be nice to get the right number though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts